Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

batteries storage

Kind of like touching the clamps on a set of jumper cables connected to a car battery, but hotter. You can weld with the arc created shorting out a lipo.

I would like to add also that the new touch screen lipo chargers have a voltage checker in the charger you can just select checker instead of charging and they will show each cell of the battery and how many volts per cell.

Reactions: rdonson
What part of Michigan? I manage to fly at least one day per month in the winter.
Hi Steve....I live in Oakland County...I've been waiting for a decent day to fly, since I'm closer to 74 than 73 I'm not as stout as I use to be, so cold weather flying doesn't appeal to much. Not sure what the weather has been like where you're at, here it has been absolutely ugly as can be, if I can catch a decent day I would probably take the bird out, if not, I'll probably wait until spring, I suppose you would call me a "fair weather flyer"............lol

Reactions: PatR
How accurate is the voltage readout on the ST16? Could you just fly the H until it reads 15.2 until you get a proper meter ?
Yes you can and that is what I do. I fly to around 14.7 volts and land. After the motors shut off the battery voltage will rebound to around 15.2 or higher.

How accurate is the voltage readout on the ST16? Could you just fly the H until it reads 15.2 until you get a proper meter ?
Using three different volt meters I've only obtained a difference of ~0.02 - 0.04, using the voltage reading on the ST-16 with the motors turned off as the starting point. 2/100v to 4/100v is close enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval