Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery cell volts.

Reaction score
I've got accustomed to monitoring the battery cell info provided by my Phantom 3 Pro and really miss it with the Typhoon H. So, to ease my mind I decided to check if the cell balance volts on my H batteries were OK.

Here's what I found.

Full battery (100%) Total (16.96V), Cell1 (4.24V), Cell 2 (4.24V), Cell 3 (4.24V), Cell 4 (4.24V)

Used battery (???%) Total (15.56V), Cell 1 (3.88V), Cell 2 (3.89V), Cell 3 (3.89V), Cell 4 (3.89V)

The percentage of a used battery is still a mysterious black art to me.:rolleyes:

Anyway, here's how I got the cell readings.

typhoon-batt2.jpg

Strange nobody hooked up on such an important information. Since im seriously interested on how my battery cells are balanced , i will surely check that right away ! Thanks a lot !

There's something wrong with either your charger or the device you are using to measure cell voltage. Before obtaining charge adapters the method you used to check voltage is similar to what I used, using a Fluke VOM. I also use a separate battery indicator alarm and the digital read out from the Hitec charger to verify battery and cell voltage and in well over 30 charge cycles each on 7 batteries I have yet to encounter a hot charge over 16.77v, with the hot state average typically at 16.74v, cooling down to ~16.61 to 16.66v by the time they are used for flight.

I was going to say, my Hitec charger usually stops charging and final battery voltage is any where from 16.77 to 16.8. I have never seen it stop with a voltage above 16.8 or a single cell above 4.2.
I have used it in both Charge mode and Balance charge mode.
Good chart by the way to show others how to measure the voltage.

Bob,

I have three batteries that consistently show a cell voltage on one or more cells of 4.21 to 4.23. With 7 batteries I've established the maker of Yuneec batteries does a chit job of matching cells, which is to be expected when dealing with a proprietary outer shell and plug design. There's almost no way for us to control our battery quality with any maker that employs a proprietary battery design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got accustomed to monitoring the battery cell info provided by my Phantom 3 Pro and really miss it with the Typhoon H. So, to ease my mind I decided to check if the cell balance volts on my H batteries were OK.

Here's what I found.

Full battery (100%) Total (16.96V), Cell1 (4.24V), Cell 2 (4.24V), Cell 3 (4.24V), Cell 4 (4.24V)

Used battery (???%) Total (15.56V), Cell 1 (3.88V), Cell 2 (3.89V), Cell 3 (3.89V), Cell 4 (3.89V)

The percentage of a used battery is still a mysterious black art to me.:rolleyes:

Anyway, here's how I got the cell readings.

View attachment 994
Excellent post m8, was sent by someone else, but this is very helpful thanks [emoji106]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval