Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charger Question

Reaction score
I have bought the battery charger connectors and now need some advice on a 4 cell duel battery charger. Can anyone recommend a decent mid ranger charger?

hi
before you decide on the charger do your research then ask your self how long will i be in this hobby and can you use the charger in your next hobby , next how many batteries will you buy , if you plan on buying 3 or 4 and buy a 2 port charger it will take twice as long to charge all your batteries , remember never leave a charging battery untended . the price of the charger is next , if you have 4 Yuneec batteries or more that's over $400 , invest in a good charger it's a one time investment don't buy a knock off , it's not the right move . my choice of chargers is the Hitec 4X plus AC-DC , 5 stored memories for the 4 channels ( 20 total ) it will charge all types of batteries and has charge , balance and storage mode's and a lot more , it's a good investment @ $200 .
fly safe

Been using one of these for a couple years on batteries up to 6s, 22k mA. Use it for my Chroma and H batteries as well. X2 or X4, get the optional power supply too.

Doesn't it include a built in power supply ?
It's the AC/DC model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you want the optional power supply then ?

You can charge your batteries both at home on a/c, and at the flying site with it connected to your car battery. It,s well worth the price!

You can charge your batteries both at home on a/c, and at the flying site with it connected to your car battery. It,s well worth the price!

But don't you just use included cables to go from the car battery to the charger directly? (The DC portion of its name.)

Back when I bought the X2 I have, the charger and power supply were sold independent of each other. You bought each as a separate unit, not as a single priced set. It's been awhile and I haven't looked at chargers since so I didn't know how they are doing it now. If you intend to charge from your vehicle do yourself a favor and make a set of long power leads to go from the car battery to the charger. Use 12awg-10awg-or 8awg wire. 10awg or 8awg would be better. It's a lot more convenient and if a battery goes poof when your back is turned your car doesn't go with it if the charger and battery are not sitting in the engine compartment. They come with a set of cables for DC to DC charging but they are rather short.

I have the Hitec X2 AC/DC Charger and I love it.
In AC Mode I can charge 2 Batteries at once @ 3 Amps.
If I hook it to my external power supply or hook it to my car battery I can charge both @ 6 Amps.
Takes just shy of an hour to charge @ 6 Amps.
I use the Charge Master software (FREE) and hook it to my computer to manage the charger.
I also use 2 temperature probes on the batteries. The Hitec will stop charging if the temp rises above what ever level you have it set for. (safety first).
Bought mine from Tower Hobbies.
The hook up for an external DC power source is extra, does not come with it, nor does the temp probes. You will also need a couple of Andy's battery adapters found here:
Battery Charging Plug

Good luck

I have the Hitec X2 AC/DC Charger and I love it.
In AC Mode I can charge 2 Batteries at once @ 3 Amps.
If I hook it to my external power supply or hook it to my car battery I can charge both @ 6 Amps.
Takes just shy of an hour to charge @ 6 Amps.
I use the Charge Master software (FREE) and hook it to my computer to manage the charger.
I also use 2 temperature probes on the batteries. The Hitec will stop charging if the temp rises above what ever level you have it set for. (safety first).
Bought mine from Tower Hobbies.
The hook up for an external DC power source is extra, does not come with it, nor does the temp probes. You will also need a couple of Andy's battery adapters found here:
Battery Charging Plug

Good luck

Where do you find "Charge Master"? Is it from Hitec? I have a Hitec X4 AC charger and love it! I tried searching for the Charge Master with Google, but it can't find it.

However, I found an App called Chargemaster for my android phone and it might be like what you mentioned.
How do you connect with the computer?

Where do you find "Charge Master"? Is it from Hitec? I have a Hitec X4 AC charger and love it! I tried searching for the Charge Master with Google, but it can't find it.

However, I found an App called Chargemaster for my android phone and it might be like what you mentioned.
How do you connect with the computer?
hi
i have the Hitec 4X plus and i don't think you can down load any updates to this charger the later versions do have that capability , i know it has nothing about the USB in the manual .

hi
i have the Hitec 4X plus and i don't think you can down load any updates to this charger the later versions do have that capability , i know it has nothing about the USB in the manual .

My Hitec charger is the later version and the manual states there is a "PC-Link USB" adapter available, and sold separately. I looked on the Hitec website but found nothing about how to order one or what the price is.

The App I installed in my cell phone looks for a Bluetooth connection, so I'm pretty sure that won't help either.
It's not a big deal, though being able to monitor the information on my computer might come in handing if a battery starts acting up. I use my charger for charging my Phantom 1's batteries (4 at a time) and that is really nice.

I also have two of the Typhoon battery charge adapters coming real soon so I'll be able to charge both of my T-H batteries at the same time.

My Hitec charger is the later version and the manual states there is a "PC-Link USB" adapter available, and sold separately. I looked on the Hitec website but found nothing about how to order one or what the price is.

The App I installed in my cell phone looks for a Bluetooth connection, so I'm pretty sure that won't help either.
It's not a big deal, though being able to monitor the information on my computer might come in handing if a battery starts acting up. I use my charger for charging my Phantom 1's batteries (4 at a time) and that is really nice.

I also have two of the Typhoon battery charge adapters coming real soon so I'll be able to charge both of my T-H batteries at the same time.

hi
i have my X4 over 2 years and i have never been able to find the USB adapter any where .

my X4 also has this port if you have the USB adapter you can see a graph and outer characteristics of the battery but can not download a update from that port .
this is the paragraph in the manual .
PC Based Analysis Using USB Communication* The Hitec X4 AC Plus offers a PC-based program which can analyze the characteristics of the battery via a USB port. It shows a graph of voltage, current and capacity curves. It also displays the individual voltage of each cell in the lithium battery pack. * Using optional PC-LINK USB Adapter (sold separately) and software that can be downloaded from www.hitecrcd.com

I've searched the HItec website from front to back and the only place I even see the PC Link adapter, is a picture in the manual. It even shows a part number: 44168. This doesn't show up when I do a search on the website. I guess the only way to perhaps find anything about it, is to call HItec directly. However, that's out of the question, too. The do not list phone number in the manual or on their website. Sigh....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval