Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging issue

This is what I am going with
I have 2 DY3 the cradle can be temperamental, having to wiggle to get batteries to seat correctly to display voltage, they can give off strange readings, after 6 months one port failed, I've got Sky RC chargers with leads now, much better.

Attachments

• 15853899173926144881689053033598.jpg
    15853899173926144881689053033598.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: Mike Irish
I have 2 DY3 the cradle can be temperamental, having to wiggle to get batteries to seat correctly to display voltage, they can give off strange readings, after 6 months one port failed, I've got Sky RC chargers with leads now, much better.

Just found the price for them,

Ouch its the same as two batteries

Brilliant thank you

do you know if it’s possible to do multiple batteries at same time with these?
2 with D100 and 4 with Q 200. Remember you'll need leads for the H battery.

Attachments

• 15853912733952286217145843801643.jpg
    15853912733952286217145843801643.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: Flyingmedic
FlyingMedical,
You said you purchased two more hi voltage batteries, do you mean higher mah rating than standard or the lihv batteries for the h+ and 520. If you purchased the h+ and 520 batteries you need different charge leads and a charger that charges lithium high voltage batteries. Chechnya other wise it can be a costly and time consuming process of sending back incorrect purchases. It sounds as though you have not read the owners manual of your MACHINE????????. The manual is your best friend and can save you money also and remove the camera if you are new to flying the H platform, until you get competent NOT CONFIDENT with yo uh r machine, other wise if you crash a camera is very expensive to repair. Read the manual on this forum and what changes plenty n of YouTube videos.
Happy and safe flying.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

FlyingMedical,
You said you purchased two more hi voltage batteries, do you mean higher mah rating than standard or the lihv batteries for the h+ and 520. If you purchased the h+ and 520 batteries you need different charge leads and a charger that charges lithium high voltage batteries. Chechnya other wise it can be a costly and time consuming process of sending back incorrect purchases. It sounds as though you have not read the owners manual of your MACHINE????????. The manual is your best friend and can save you money also and remove the camera if you are new to flying the H platform, until you get competent NOT CONFIDENT with yo uh r machine, other wise if you crash a camera is very expensive to repair. Read the manual on this forum and what changes plenty n of YouTube videos.
Happy and safe flying.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Higher standard ones to last a little longer,
I had read the manual but the flash pattern on charger did not correspond to anything in the manual hence seeing if anyone else had experienced similar.

Higher standard ones to last a little longer,
I had read the manual but the flash pattern on charger did not correspond to anything in the manual hence seeing if anyone else had experienced similar.
Hi Flyingmedic,
What brand and mah capacity, 6300mah, 7000mah or 8050 mah. The manual you have read is it the one in the front of this forum, there is one there written by pilots that started back in 2016. You can use the magnifine glass at the top right of the page and ask a question and some threads should come up with answers. Johnno Hennessy.

GiFi brand I would say, I have not had great success with them but I think that we got a very dud batch sent out to Australia. Sounds like they are for the H and the previous set up will work, I will never buy a charger that only does one type of battery, things can change and one day soon we won't be able to get the std battery to fit the H and will have to mod our birds like I have done to one of mine to take std lipo batteries from the hobby shop at half to a quaternary of the price and flying just as long and good. I did the mod about 9 months or more ago and it is good. I fly about 20 batteries a week in my work with the H and keep meticulous care of my batteries, if they fail your H fails , then you have CASA accident report etc. Never had to do one and hopefully never will. Keep reading the threads and there is a ton of info and help if you ask. Always remember to describe what you have to the letter as it saves a lot of back and from with questions and answers. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: Flyingmedic
You have it set correctly?

I thought I had but suspect I had not, battery works perfectly in drone (took it for a test flight in back garden and it behaved!) just could not do much due to wind and trying to stay legal

Make sure it is set for DC volts and the 20v range. Also ensure the test leads are in the sockets for voltage and ohms measurements, not the ones for current measurement. These batteries can supply a LOT of Amps (aka HEAT).

Reactions: WTFDproject
Make sure it is set for DC volts and the 20v range. Also ensure the test leads are in the sockets for voltage and ohms measurements, not the ones for current measurement. These batteries can supply a LOT of Amps (aka HEAT).

this setting?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
That would be correct.

Do the cells seem balanced on each battery? All within 0.02 V of each other.

Does the charger work until it gets to the balancing phase (red, green, blue) and then it starts beeping?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold