Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging issues

@Andrew Mac

Be sure to note that the OEM chargers for the Typhoon H and Typhoon H Plus/H520 also differ just like the contacts on the batteries. Your OEM charger for the Typhoon H cannot be converted to work with the Power4P battery.

It may be easier to acquire the HPlus/H520 OEM Charger than the adapter cable for the Power4P battery for use with a third party charger.

Here's my simple charging solution before anyone goes out and spends more money, time, or aggravation. Maybe some of the readers here have already figured this out and never posted it. I've had the factory (Yuneec) charger fail to recognize a battery inserted for charging. This happens fairly often. Since so many digital devices we have (phones, tablets, smart TV, modems, wifi routers, etc) often work just fine after a complete power-disconnect reboot.

What I did was to remove the battery and then disconnect all cables from the charger. The unit was left to "settle" to zero volts for a minute or two. Reconnect everything as usual. A correctly functioning factory charger for the H480 battery will BEEP and show flashing GREEN indicating it is ready for a battery. When the battery is inserted it should change to flashing RED indicating charging has begun. When complete and balanced, it will emit a LONG BEEP and the indicator light will change to STEADY GREEN. When another battery is inserted, it will usually reset itself to Charge Mode and the flashing RED will confirm this.

If at ANY time the charger does not start its charge cycle within 3 seconds of inserting a battery, somethings not right. Either the battery is already charged (yes, this happens), or I don't waste time. Just take 90 seconds to power-down the charger to reboot it. It works EVERY TIME for me.

Here's my simple charging solution before anyone goes out and spends more money, time, or aggravation. Maybe some of the readers here have already figured this out and never posted it. I've had the factory (Yuneec) charger fail to recognize a battery inserted for charging. This happens fairly often. Since so many digital devices we have (phones, tablets, smart TV, modems, wifi routers, etc) often work just fine after a complete power-disconnect reboot.

What I did was to remove the battery and then disconnect all cables from the charger. The unit was left to "settle" to zero volts for a minute or two. Reconnect everything as usual. A correctly functioning factory charger for the H480 battery will BEEP and show flashing GREEN indicating it is ready for a battery. When the battery is inserted it should change to flashing RED indicating charging has begun. When complete and balanced, it will emit a LONG BEEP and the indicator light will change to STEADY GREEN. When another battery is inserted, it will usually reset itself to Charge Mode and the flashing RED will confirm this.

If at ANY time the charger does not start its charge cycle within 3 seconds of inserting a battery, somethings not right. Either the battery is already charged (yes, this happens), or I don't waste time. Just take 90 seconds to power-down the charger to reboot it. It works EVERY TIME for me.
Thank you!

Problem is is OP has a plus battery and no charger or charging cradle, this has to be resolved, The H battery he has charges in the cradle.

I bought this one on Amazon:
And these adapter cables:

Very satisfied with it, charges much faster than the stock charger and of course does balance charging and IR testing. If you want to spend less they have a single channel version for $70.

I bought this one on Amazon:
And these adapter cables:

Very satisfied with it, charges much faster than the stock charger and of course does balance charging and IR testing. If you want to spend less they have a single channel version for $70.
Yes and one below for the plus, which probably isn't available your side, so a 3rd party charger is required, the plus battery is a spanner in the works.

Attachments

• ev9h520_01table50.jpg
    ev9h520_01table50.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace