Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging issues

Aloha,
I purchased a replacement battery from Yuneec for my Typhoon H, $230.00 delivered to Hawaii, ouch! Anyway, the new battery is a Power 4P. I thought this is the direct replacement for the standard battery supplied with the unit new? The new battery will not take a charge in the factory charger. Anyone have this issue?
Mahalo

Wow this sounds like an interesting problem.
What a pain in the butt.
I hope it all gets straightened out with minimum of hassle and cost

@Andrew Mac
I hate to break the news to you, but you ordered the battery for the H Plus which has different balance charging contacts. The Power4P you purchased is a LiHV and is usable in the Typhoon H, but will require a different charger. The battery is NOT bad.

• Love
Reactions: WTFDproject
Ma
@Andrew Mac
I hate to break the news to you, but you ordered the battery for the H Plus which has different balance charging contacts. The Power4P you purchased is a LiHV and is usable in the Typhoon H, but will require a different charger. The battery is NOT bad.
Makes sense, that very high price mentioned it probably is. thought he was just abbreviating Power 4.

@Andrew Mac

Try to find another islander that has the H Plus or the H520 and have them put that battery to storage charge before it does get ruined from being at such a low charge level.

I don’t know where you bought the battery, but you might be able to work a deal for a DY5 Charger so you can properly care for that battery.

That's what I thought too, and that's why I asked for a photo of the contacts.
There is going to be quite a bit of confusion in the batteries now.
For the same type of model, we arrive at three styles of batteries
The H with stud contacts for balancing
The H520 and H + with flat contacts
The H3 with its DJI / Autel type slat contact battery
Not easy at Yuneec.

That's what I thought too, and that's why I asked for a photo of the contacts.
There is going to be quite a bit of confusion in the batteries now.
For the same type of model, we arrive at three styles of batteries
The H with stud contacts for balancing
The H520 and H + with flat contacts
The H3 with its DJI / Autel type slat contact battery
Not easy at Yuneec.
At least the H3 battery won't fit, so you'll know straightaway, way it's going there won't be any H or plus batteries to mistake them with.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
That said, can you recommend a decent charger, maybe one offered on Amazon to handle the battery? I'm sure I will be purchasing additional batteries in the future.

That said, can you recommend a decent charger, maybe one offered on Amazon to handle the battery? I'm sure I will be purchasing additional batteries in the future.
I think your main problem will be leads for the plus, I've only seen them in stock in Europe. Sky RC chargers are good. DY5 has the same seating issues as DY3. Perhaps the guys Stateside have a source? There are plenty of recommendations in the forum, try a search.

Last edited:
The best option for the adapters is to modify the OEM charger. There is a good video which shows how to do this on Youtube if I can find it.

That said, can you recommend a decent charger, maybe one offered on Amazon to handle the battery? I'm sure I will be purchasing additional batteries in the future
The best option for the adapters is to modify the OEM charger. There is a good video which shows how to do this on Youtube if I can find it.
Don't Vertigo or Terrestrial imaging sell the conversion kits?

I bought this kit from the states and there was a video, don't know if it's the same for plus as in wire colours?

Modifying the stock charger is an option, but you really should get yourself a decent multi-chemistry charger if you are going to be in this hobby for any length of time. You will not regret buying good equipment especially a charger. The HiTec X2 is a good choice. As mentioned before, the very scarce item is a LiHv charge cable which is needed for any aftermarket charger to charge the LiHv batteries which are used on the H520 and HPlus only. As you have found out there is sometimes confusion with the different battery contacts. You really need to educate yourself on your drone and especially on battery maintenance.

Last edited:
Modifying the DY5 charger is an option, but you really should get yourself a decent multi-chemistry charger if you are going to be in this hobby for any length of time. You will not regret buying good equipment especially a charger. The HiTec X2 is a good choice. As mentioned before, the very scarce item is a LiHv charge cable which is needed for any aftermarket charger to charge the LiHv batteries which are used on the H520 and HPlus only. As you have found out there is sometimes confusion with the different battery contacts. You really need to educate yourself on your drone and especially on battery maintenance.
Aloha,
Thank you.
I am willing to invest in quality. I see the Hi Tec X2 charger for sale on line. Does the Hi Tec X2 plug into the charging base that I have to charge the standard batteries that came with the drone? I guess over time I will I will be replacing all the original batteries with the up-graded batteries. But now I have the two types. Thank you for your patients!

Modifying the DY5 charger is an option, but you really should get yourself a decent multi-chemistry charger if you are going to be in this hobby for any length of time. You will not regret buying good equipment especially a charger. The HiTec X2 is a good choice. As mentioned before, the very scarce item is a LiHv charge cable which is needed for any aftermarket charger to charge the LiHv batteries which are used on the H520 and HPlus only. As you have found out there is sometimes confusion with the different battery contacts. You really need to educate yourself on your drone and especially on battery maintenance.
If you modify the cradle which is supplied with the copter then you can buy whatever 3rd party charger you want, just you can only charge one at a time. The DY5 is the correct charger for the plus.

There’s some fundamental lessons to be learned from this not at all associated with the charger. Know what you have and know what you need to obtain parts correct for the model owned.

I did similar once ordering a battery for a Typhoon H from a bog name electronics store. Although the advertising specified a battery for the H my failure to check the part number to confirm awarded me with a battery for a Q-500.

Reactions: Mrgs1
Yo
Aloha,
Thank you.
I am willing to invest in quality. I see the Hi Tec X2 charger for sale on line. QUOTE="Andrew Mac, post: 212405, member: 23299"]
Aloha,
Thank you.
I am willing to invest in quality. I see the Hi Tec X2 charger for sale on line. Does the Hi Tec X2 plug into the charging base that I have to charge the standard batteries that came with the drone? I guess over time I will I will be replacing all the original batteries with the up-graded batteries. But now I have the two types. Thank you for your patients!
It plugs into charging base only with modifications, like the posted video, with the accessories supplied you can balance charge it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco