Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging issues

Reaction score
Aloha,
I purchased a replacement battery from Yuneec for my Typhoon H, $230.00 delivered to Hawaii, ouch! Anyway, the new battery is a Power 4P. I thought this is the direct replacement for the standard battery supplied with the unit new? The new battery will not take a charge in the factory charger. Anyone have this issue?
Mahalo

Power 4P is the original battery normally unless it is a copy.
Have you tested the battery voltage?
If the voltage is at or near 0, it may no longer take charge.

The battery is brand new, arrived from Yuneec yesterday. When I place it into the charger the green ready to charge just keeps flashing. Like the bettery is not recognized in the charger. The charger functions normal with stock battery.

What does it say on controller? Are you getting a reading, not much else you can do unless you have another charger and leads.. I didn't suggest a multimeter, just in case you aren't confident in using or even have one.

Last edited:
@claudius62 asked the primary question. We understand the battery is new. That tells us nothing about the actual voltage.
Please check the battery voltage and tell us what it is.
If you don't have an external battery meter, the voltage can be read on the ST16 screen in the upper left.

@claudius62 asked the primary question. We understand the battery is new. That tells us nothing about the actual voltage.
Please check the battery voltage and tell us what it is.
If you don't have an external battery meter, the voltage can be read on the ST16 screen in the upper left.
Won't be new, can be a few years old!

Yes, thank you. the voltage is now 14.2 volts.
I placed it into the drone and took it out and hovered for a few minutes. I get the low voltage warning as normal. but the charger will not sense the battery when I place it into the charger. Just the flashing green light stating ready to charge.

Yes, thank you. the voltage is now 14.2 volts.
I placed it into the drone and took it out and hovered for a few minutes. I get the low voltage warning as normal. but the charger will not sense the battery when I place it into the charger. Just the flashing green light stating ready to charge.
How long are you leaving it in? Could it be going through it's preparation to charge sequence, balance checking etc, I only used stock charger once a long time ago.

Use a pencil eraser to clean the 3 small contacts on the battery. Then try it again. You may have to reinstall the battery several time before it makes good contact.

Amen! How well I know, but yes I have wiggled the crap out of it with no change.
The battery flap lid/catch what's the date of assembly/ manufacture? If you don't have any other means to charge it, then it might be worth returning.

Looks like 09/05/2018, I sent a email to Yuneec, will wait until Monday for a reply. I don't mind a return and replacement. although the shipping cost to Hawaii (hazmat) is $50.00.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
Looks like 09/05/2018, I sent a email to Yuneec, will wait until Monday for a reply. I don't mind a return and replacement. although the shipping cost to Hawaii (hazmat) is $50.00.
They should pay hopefully it's faulty. Interesting date, all my new batteries 2018 onwards have been poorer performers than 2016/17 ones, possibly cheaper components, inferior?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss