Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Drain Issue

No, you have to act like any other drone. We have two alerts of which one we can program the remaining battery % to warn us, then another automatically when the % reaches a certain value, right now the voltage I do not remember but I think it is 14% (I do not remember exactly, I always look at the voltage and not the %).

If you look at the voltage as I do, what I've always done, to take into account what I've put, it's recommended to land at 13.2V maximum (each cell at 3.3V). In this way we will be in acceptable margins extending to the maximum what we can consume without damaging the battery. If the cell falls below 3V almost certainly have damaged the battery. I don't think the flight controller will allow it because it will make an emergency landing in the position it is in (but I don't remember exactly how much voltage it does).

Thank you sir. I knew about the 3V(per cell) critical level issue but didn't know if there was other voltage rules of thumb to utilize. I'd have to go back in my memory banks (and they aren't nearly as cooperative as they used to be) but with planes I normally shot for (I think) 3.2V/cell min.

Again thank you for your input sir.

Thank you sir. I knew about the 3V(per cell) critical level issue but didn't know if there was other voltage rules of thumb to utilize. I'd have to go back in my memory banks (and they aren't nearly as cooperative as they used to be) but with planes I normally shot for (I think) 3.2V/cell min.

Again thank you for your input sir.

It's a security system that Yuneec has implemented. Let's just say it's not something that's in the veterans' books. It's precisely so as not to damage the battery and when they implemented it, since initially you couldn't avoid forced landing, they changed it and now I think you could abort by changing the stick from RTL to Angle.

I don't know if it will have changed again, because this is one of the things that are changed or spoiled in each update and we don't know about it until we realize it. It's a matter of trying.

Reactions: BigAl07
Typo, @arruntus? You meant 14.2v, right?

I'll delete this (if allowed) if I see your correction.

By the way... hopefully most are landing a bit before the gas tank is holding only fumes!

Jeff

3.3V each cell X 4 cells = 13.2V total.

The recommendation has always been to land at 3.7v per cell. That is considered the safest. I have always stretched it up to 3.3v per cell and have never had any problems (increased flight time), but considering that as soon as I reach 3.8v per cell I am already looking at the voltage constantly like an eagle.

Reactions: BigAl07
3.3V each cell X 4 cells = 13.2V total.

The recommendation has always been to land at 3.7v per cell. That is considered the safest. I have always stretched it up to 3.3v per cell and have never had any problems (increased flight time), but considering that as soon as I reach 3.8v per cell I am already looking at the voltage constantly like an eagle.

Ugh... hate it when I mis-see stuff.

Apologies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder