Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery failure report on Goverment website

Indeed. Many mandated PPE and safety oversight requirements severely limit one’s ability to perform the task. They can add hours and a great many $$ to a job that would normally require but a few minutes to execute.

Try working in a Level A full body suit with a Scott airpack SCBA on your back. Some fun in the sun!!!

OSHA.png

• Haha
Reactions: John Hennessy
@Mrgs1

I am a little confused with your last two posts. Are you saying UAV’s like the TH should not be in the hands of hobbyists or that the lawmakers are saying hobbyists should not be flying?

What is really needed is a major clamp down on the alarmist media blowing everything out of proportion both in the UK and here in the US.

Should there be registration and knowledge testing? I would respond with a resounding YES. These are tools to accomplish a task and those using them need to treat them with the respect due any other tool that can cause harm.
I was putting it from their narrow minded view as I said, they seem hellbent on making it difficult to fly, and anything which causes alarm helps their cause, I was watching a programme where members of the public were actually suggesting that drones be banned for the general public and only used by professional operators!

I thought that was what you were saying.

We can blame the negative media for a lot of this type of public opinion. Dare I say it - Fake News. Yet see how popular the drone footage sites are on YouTube. The same people that want drones restricted gush over the beautiful footage obtained from them.

Most of those same people have no problem with a manned helicopter or plane flying over them even at low altitude. The ones clamoring about privacy don’t bat an eye at all of the security cams in public areas and businesses or the use of smart phone cameras everywhere including their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
The damage is already done, the bad feeling from the public and press have caused severe damage to the hobby, I'm putting it from a view of the authorities, no there not toys, and so shouldn't be in the hands of hobbyists,
Take the hobbyist out of the picture and the prices will skyrocket Yuneec and other manufactures will disappear .

Here in the U.S that’s pretty much what may happen. Sometime around July the FAA is going to drop the remote ID and flight limitations hammer, with a requirement manufacturers retrofit previously sold equipment at their expense. It’s going to be a blood bath.

Makes me wonder where they got that idea as only one manufacturer had already been doing that stuff...

Agreed. The remote ID has been lurking under most folks radar. But it is going to be very interesting to see what the FAA comes up with. They published 2 RFIs (Requests for Information) for input on what people thought would work. One thing they have said, is it will not be ADS-B.

But almost everything hinges on remote ID. Non-waiver night flights, BVLOS, flying over people, and even recreational sUAS use of LAANC for flight authorizations. It is going to be ugly for sure.

Should the retrofit requirement come to pass my bet is a few makers will fold before committing the funds to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace