Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery internal resistance

Reaction score
I have a Ultrax and Powerextra battery. The Ultrax IR readings are cell 1- 6mohm cell 2-2mohm cell 3-2mohm cell 4-7mohm. The Powerextra battery readings are cell 1-8mohm cell 2-2mohm cell 3-2mohm cell 4-6mohm. Does anyone know why cells 1 and 4 are always higher in IR readings than cells 2 and 3?

I am no battery expert, but maybe it is related to cells one and four being the cells where the negative and positive terminals are.

Reactions: jlwilder40
I'm no battery expert either, but I've noticed on my batteries that are starting to show their age that cells 1 and 4 will be the last to reach voltage when they are beging charged or put into storage mode.

I have a Ultrax and Powerextra battery. The Ultrax IR readings are cell 1- 6mohm cell 2-2mohm cell 3-2mohm cell 4-7mohm. The Powerextra battery readings are cell 1-8mohm cell 2-2mohm cell 3-2mohm cell 4-6mohm. Does anyone know why cells 1 and 4 are always higher in IR readings than cells 2 and 3?

Have you formed a preference between the Ultrax and Powerextra batteries? I want to purchase two more and looking for advice from someone who has worked with both. Thank you!

They are the same performance wise with the only real difference in price and shipping cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ernst