Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Question?

Reaction score
I received a 920+ in very good shape. It included 3 batteries. I charged all of the batteries up in preparation to fly the thing and i noticed one of them tingled a little bit when i just pick it up from the wrapped area. This occurred when it wasn't charging too. My question is should i be concerned about that battery or is that fairly normal for these batteries? Thanks!

What do you mean by tingled?

can you take a photo and post it to the thread?

Is the battery puffy and swollen and unable to fit in the battery compartment of the aircraft?

I mean I feel the electricity like when you touch a model train track. I. Feel the ingle of electricity.

That is not a good sign. Do not place on the charger again.

That battery needs to take a bath in a bucket of salt water for a couple of days. It can then be safely recycled or placed in the trash.

Reactions: Xpfreak
That is not a good sign. Do not place on the charger again.

That battery needs to take a bath in a bucket of salt water for a couple of days. It can then be safely recycled or placed in the trash.
Yup, time to retire that/those bad boy/s...Not worth the risk or trouble of a battery burning down your property.
Yuneec typhoon h920 batteries were a product disaster, with their proprietary design, low impedance & high cost.etc...
You can buy way better & cheaper batteries in a set of 2 that fit the cavity with a heck of a lot more reliability than the discontinued Yuneec branded batteries. The key thing you have to make sure the batteries will fit the cavity., Length,width & height are crucial. Also remember at least 6s(22.4Volts), 35C or more will work as well, & the darn EC connector???...

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks guys! I see a ton of different threads on batteries. It’s a little confusing which batteries are preferred these days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: tverdier
I mean I feel the electricity like when you touch a model train track. I. Feel the ingle of electricity.

4500mAh 6S 22.2V 50C 100C RC Lipo Battery Deans Plug For Helicopter Airplane

▪ Cells Number: 6S1P
▪ Voltage: 22.2V
▪ Minimum Capacity: 4500mAh
▪ Discharge: 50C
▪ Charge Plug: JST-XH-7P
▪ Discharge plug: T Connector
▪ Battery Dimension: 140x40x50mm
▪ Battery Weight: 622g

US $104.99

This is a representative set of batteries that will fit in the H920 hex. 20200405_131106[1].jpg20200405_131156[1].jpg20200405_131252[1].jpg
You can either look for batteries that offer the EC3 connectors, or if you are handy @ soldering you change the connectors.

20200405_131321[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20190427_112207[1].jpg
    20190427_112207[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tverdier
have you tried these batteries? if so I will surely purchase some! maybe they can fill all the promises yuneec makes about there batteries.

thanks so much for your information. I have a typhoon and a tornado but still a novice. I held on to the old information given about the typhoon when people had posts about their drones falling from the sky. the yuneec tornado batteries are more boasting than flying. is the 109.00 for 2 the best price or do you recommend any site?

4500mAh 6S 22.2V 50C 100C RC Lipo Battery Deans Plug For Helicopter Airplane

▪ Cells Number: 6S1P
▪ Voltage: 22.2V
▪ Minimum Capacity: 4500mAh
▪ Discharge: 50C
▪ Charge Plug: JST-XH-7P
▪ Discharge plug: T Connector
▪ Battery Dimension: 140x40x50mm
▪ Battery Weight: 622g

US $104.99

This is a representative set of batteries that will fit in the H920 hex. View attachment 21070View attachment 21072View attachment 21073
You can either look for batteries that offer the EC3 connectors, or if you are handy @ soldering you change the connectors.

View attachment 21074
Just wondering, do you have any trouble fitting these into the compartment? The dimensions on the Yuneec batteries are 165x45x30. Any mods to the the machine? I am assuming you use 2 at one time. I am still using the Yuneec batts as they are new and find that I probably get just as much flight time if not more from 2 batts installed than 3; the extra battery weight seems to come at a penalty. I will be looking for some good replacements though in the next months.

my yuneec batteries are garbage I have never got anywhere near the time of flight they claim they have. with two or three! I am going to try these can't be any worse unless my bird falls from the sky.

The before mentioned batteries fit as you can see in the posted pics. the batteries are the ones laying in front or back of the tornado. There are NO modification requirements to make these batteries fit inside the compartment, the only modification was the connector for the batteries.
Since these are 4500MAH 6s 50C only two (2) will fit in the cavity. The amps do not change upwards, you put 2 4500Mah hour batteries, you get 4500Mah worth of power, vs 4000 Mah per battery X3 with 8C from Yuneec. There is a clip on you tube in German that covers the use of after market batteries for the YuneecH920. The pilot in the video confirms that the use of aftermarket batteries are legitimately usable.

Here is the you tube link to the video; (German only)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbbgRRCWgFQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAK3Es21wRI

The before mentioned batteries fit as you can see in the posted pics. the batteries are the ones laying in front or back of the tornado. There are NO modification requirements to make these batteries fit inside the compartment, the only modification was the connector for the batteries.
Since these are 4500MAH 6s 50C only two (2) will fit in the cavity. The amps do not change upwards, you put 2 4500Mah hour batteries, you get 4500Mah worth of power, vs 4000 Mah per battery X3 with 8C from Yuneec. There is a clip on you tube in German that covers the use of after market batteries for the YuneecH920. The pilot in the video confirms that the use of aftermarket batteries are legitimately usable.

Here is the you tube link to the video; (German only)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbbgRRCWgFQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAK3Es21wRI
Great, thanks. Think I'll try a pair. I assume you charge these with the Yuneec charger? Any change in settings? Guess its time to brush up on my soldering skills again to change the connectors.

brand new Yuneec battery, unopened came with 1 cell at 2.85, it doesn't seem to go over 3.89 after a while of balance charging if anyone has suggestions on of it's recoverable let me know. luckily I have 6 more yuneec batteries and 2 of those after market 4500mah ones that came with my kit from the PO, so in total I still have 3 full sets of flights. 20200614_224421.jpeg20200614_222556.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval