Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best 4k video editing software

Reaction score
Hi, advice please on video software

I am using video at 4k to survey buildings and currently just using Media Player to get stills from the video.

Any recommendations or suggestions for the best editing software?

Being able to crop in live while playing the video and re record would be good.

Cheers

Mike

I was hoping to film in 4k allowing me to zoom in a still pull good quality stills from it.

I was hoping to film in 4k allowing me to zoom in a still pull good quality stills from it.
Sadly Video Editing software degrades the resolution as you zoom in. I find my system called Edius will only allow a small digital Zoom in with out losing definition. And it is very expensive as well. So be careful before spending a lot of money.

Reactions: Nobert
Jumped through a lot of hoops today to test Premiere Elements. Was NOT happy with the 4k renders. Picture quality was inferior, lots of blocking. It insists on rendering 30fps clips at 60fps, can't adjust, no choice of codec, supposed HQ renders came out a third the size of LQ... Scratching it off my list, wasted the better part of today on it.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Ok well Movie Studio Platinum 13 looks promising. Rendered files are twice the size of the originals though so they better look good and they do, (in very quick testing) but don't play back quite as smooth as the originals. The trial doesn't have the annoying watermark like Adobe's either. All I initially really want to do is simply cut the best shots from the original footage, but with today's complex codecs it doesn't seem to be possible without at least a little transcoding. I've been out of the game for a bit so catching up on what's out there...

Sorry to drivel on but apparently one can save some bucks by purchasing the version on Steam for a not too bad 60 dollars.

Jumped through a lot of hoops today to test Premiere Elements. Was NOT happy with the 4k renders. Picture quality was inferior, lots of blocking. It insists on rendering 30fps clips at 60fps, can't adjust, no choice of codec, supposed HQ renders came out a third the size of LQ... Scratching it off my list, wasted the better part of today on it.

Very strange i'm using Adobe Premiere Elements now some time and i'm very happy with the quality of the rendering. What was your original footage configuration (resolution, bitrate, coded, ect ...).
Of course adobe premiere elements is a poor man version of the full blown adobe premiere. I think you have to try that one, has a lot more rendering functions and settings ...

But if you only ned stils you culd use adobe photoshop, you can import a vieo and make stills of that ... as you now photoshop is the best photoediting software on the market ...

/\/\ax2206

Full HQ straight outta the H. 4k video, 50Mbps bitrate, AVC, here's the full details:

General

Complete name : D:\Drone Flights\Quartz mtn 053016 64gig card\YUN00008.mp4

Format : MPEG-4

Format profile : Base Media / Version 2

Codec ID : mp42

File size : 59.7 MiB

Duration : 10s 10ms

Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Overall bit rate : 50.1 Mbps

Video

ID : 1

Format : AVC