Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best software

Reaction score
What's the best software for editing videos from the 4k camera? Preferably free!

looking forward to hearing from folks who download and use this. is it 4k friendly? any special features worthy of mention?

Wondershare is pretty good but the free version will only convert a third of your movie, you can edit, supress chunks of the video and also compress a video so you can upload it easily on a platform, but you have to shoot a lot (it will convert 1 minute of a 3 minute movie) of video to make the most of the free version
I bought it and it actually gives you a lot more than you ask for, you can download youtube video very easily for example

Wondershare is pretty good but the free version will only convert a third of your movie, you can edit, supress chunks of the video and also compress a video so you can upload it easily on a platform, but you have to shoot a lot (it will convert 1 minute of a 3 minute movie) of video to make the most of the free version
I bought it and it actually gives you a lot more than you ask for, you can download youtube video very easily for example

sounds good. how much is it? does it do 4k?

For us Mac users who can't use Dashware, I've found a site that has video editing and telemetry data input built in to its software. Mac/Win compatible. I'll let you know more when I produce a video with it. For now it's the Garmin VIRB editing software. Has anyone else found this to be useful?

Update: Failed. The Garmin software works fine, just the CSV file from the remote work with the Garmin software. It's looking for .gpx or .tcx files not .csv . I'll keep looking. Would be nice if Dashware made a Mac compatible version of their software for us.

Reactions: kellyjdrummer
There is a way to convert the file formats. I'm just not sure what just yet.

Use the video editor & compositor built into Blender (blender.org - Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D Creation Software).

It's 100% free, will run on any platform, and is powerful enough for just about anything you care to do with it.

And regarding "editing 4k," just about no one actually edits the true 4k footage. Create proxy files that are stand-ins for the real footage. You edit using the proxies and then the video editing software uses the full 4k sources when rendering. Blender and any halfway decent editor will work with proxies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval