Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best survey app for the typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi guys just seen what is the best survey app you use and best system for doing maps and 3D models are

Don't believe there is a working app for the H to do maps or 3D models. The H520, yes.
The only choice I'm aware of that works with the H480 is UAVToolBox and that's not what you are looking for.

One possible work-around is to create an approximate grid flight with CCC waypoints.
Then use Tuna's UAV Toolbox to adjust & square up the grid waypoints.
Then fly the mission with time-lapse stills.

One possible work-around is to create an approximate grid flight with CCC waypoints.
Then use Tuna's UAV Toolbox to adjust & square up the grid waypoints.
Then fly the mission with time-lapse stills.

Why bother with the time to fly an initial flight, unless one does not trust the maps.

Create the grid using toolbox from the get go. Easy enough.

[emoji41]

Jeff

P.S. have personally used this technique many times.

Why bother with the time to fly an initial flight, unless one does not trust the maps.

Create the grid using toolbox from the get go. Easy enough.

[emoji41]

Jeff

P.S. have personally used this technique many times.
No worries in an open flat area.
If you are recording an area with hills & obstacles, then roughing it in on site might save you some trouble.

Just for interest I did some 3D mapping using UAV Toolbox and Regard 3D. Outcome is okay - from my point of view - even if there are some errors (fence is twisted and there are some "craters" which didn't exist in reality) which might be due to the input material.
I set up a grid with UAV Toolbox, took the pictures with time-lapse, (can't remember if I had to add gps to exif... too long ago ?) and let Regard 3D do it's magic - oh, magic takes long, long time... (my 2.7ghz quadcore 16GB calculated for 27hrs with ~130 pictures for input).IMG_20191013_152235.jpgIMG_20191013_152235.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss