Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Beware of tape adhesive inside ST10+ TX

AH-64 D

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
After successfully cleaning my ST16 stick gimbals of my Typhoon H, I hardware checked the ST10+ of my Q5004K and found J2 was not returning to center by various amounts ranging from 2 to 6%. That type of behavior grounded my Typhoon H until I cleaned its ST16, so I popped open the ST10+ to clean the J2 wiring connections and potentiometer. The 1.5 mm and 2.5 mm hex drivers used to open the ST16 were also used to open the ST10+. I slid absorbent rags under the areas that were to be sprayed and used a pair of small screwdrivers to disconnect the J2 wiring leads at the stick and the control board. A spritz of Cramolin B5 PreservIT followed by CRC QD electronic cleaner was applied to the connectors, connections and potentiometer. Everything went back together OK after the cleaning solvent evaporated. However, the rubber part of the stick mount on the front of the ST10+ had gooey stuff on it. I scrubbed the goo away with a dust-free cloth wetted with ethanol. The rubber handgrips on the back of the transmitter case are doubly secured - The molded rubber grip has feet that slip into sockets in the case and double-sided tape secures the perimeter of the grips. I had not realized that the sticks have similar rubber case mounts that are most likely doubly secured in the same manner - with feet and double-sided tape. The cleaning solvents that I used must have dissolved some of the tape adhesive so that it flowed out onto the exterior surface of the case. The case was lying on its face during cleaning, so the goo flowed down and out of the case. That was fortunate. If you decide to clean your transmitter case, please beware of the possibility that you may transport tape goo into places where it could cause trouble.

Attachments

• IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
After successfully cleaning my ST16 stick gimbals of my Typhoon H, I hardware checked the ST10+ of my Q5004K and found J2 was not returning to center by various amounts ranging from 2 to 6%. That type of behavior grounded my Typhoon H until I cleaned its ST16, so I popped open the ST10+ to clean the J2 wiring connections and potentiometer. The 1.5 mm and 2.5 mm hex drivers used to open the ST16 were also used to open the ST10+. I slid absorbent rags under the areas that were to be sprayed and used a pair of small screwdrivers to disconnect the J2 wiring leads at the stick and the control board. A spritz of Cramolin B5 PreservIT followed by CRC QD electronic cleaner was applied to the connectors, connections and potentiometer. Everything went back together OK after the cleaning solvent evaporated. However, the rubber part of the stick mount on the front of the ST10+ had gooey stuff on it. I scrubbed the goo away with a dust-free cloth wetted with ethanol. The rubber handgrips on the back of the transmitter case are doubly secured - The molded rubber grip has feet that slip into sockets in the case and double-sided tape secures the perimeter of the grips. I had not realized that the sticks have similar rubber case mounts that are most likely doubly secured in the same manner - with feet and double-sided tape. The cleaning solvents that I used must have dissolved some of the tape adhesive so that it flowed out onto the exterior surface of the case. The case was lying on its face during cleaning, so the goo flowed down and out of the case. That was fortunate. If you decide to clean your transmitter case, please beware of the possibility that you may transport tape goo into places where it could cause trouble.
Sound info.

A follow-on finding would be that Cramolin B5 PreservIT dissolved the adhesive. CRC QD did not bother the adhesive. That finding is based on spraying one stick with only CRC QD after spraying the other stick with Cramolin and CRC QD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis