Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cleaning potentiometer

Reaction score
I have a st10 and the q500 will not yaw completely. I've tried to reset my calibration of the left stick in hardware monitor, but it still shows that the yaw or J2 has limited range of motion. I have removed the gimbal and disconnected the connectors. How do I clean the potentiometer?IMG_1444.JPG

Spray Electrical Contact Cleaner in the vent hole and the 3 contact points. If the pot moves with the stick add some hot glue as per the pic.

Attachments

• Stick Pots.jpg
    Stick Pots.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Your mention of the word "calibration" worries me a little. Did you only use "Hardware Monitor", or did you go into the secret menu and attempt an actual calibration?
What is the "secret" menu, how do you access it and what do you get out of it....?

What is the "secret" menu, how do you access it and what do you get out of it....?
It's a method used to screw up your controller and make your camera and aircraft behave erratically.
Thousands of controllers have been made unusable by the misuse of this procedure than any other cause. That is the reason it is "hidden". If you have a problem with your sticks that cleaning fails to solve then someone with experience using it will direct you in the proper use. Otherwise, just avoid it.

Reactions: WTFDproject
It's a method used to screw up your controller and make your camera and aircraft behave erratically.
Thousands of controllers have been made unusable by the misuse of this procedure than any other cause. That is the reason it is "hidden". If you have a problem with your sticks that cleaning fails to solve then someone with experience using it will direct you in the proper use. Otherwise, just avoid it.

Perfect answer. I was looking for a way to say the same thing. And please, to all who are thinking of messing with that menu, PLEASE heed the advice.
But we are here to help if you do it anyway.

I wonder, (and im just spitballing here, call it thinking out loud) if a BETTER approach, instead of just a blanket "don't do that" approach, might possibly be INFORMING people of what it is that causes the inevitable crash. Telling us why others have sought out this "cure" to fix what ailment. What incorrect settings that folks are entering which then leads to the inevitable crash etc...... AGREED there ARE those ID-10-T errors walking around that will miss a step and so forth.....they cannot be helped to begin with.....but keeping this kindergaren hush hush secret, to me is equally stupid and aggrivating.....Kind of like when Boeing failed to tell its pilots what MCAS is and or how to shut it off.....and as a computer tech.....I like to know ALL the options....but thats just me and my $0.02

keeping this kindergaren hush hush secret, to me is equally stupid and aggrivating
Really???? Your 8th post on the forum and that's the best you can do?
Since you are such a techy type guy I'm sure you can find all the answers you need by doing a search. I see no reason to repeat what has been posted dozens of times previously.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz