Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blade chroma gps problem can’t fly

Reaction score
hope someone can help me.

I’ve had my chroma forever flew it many times. Put it away and it sat for about 4 years was going through my stuff and found it and decided to charge it up and get a flight in but I cannot connect to gps and the drone just makes 3 beeps and lights up green. I have no idea what to do I can’t fly thought it needed an update but don’t even know how to do that I’m so out of the loop with this thing.
Any ideas?

Hi, welcome on the forum.
After so long time without using the Chroma, the gps battery could be completely drain.
My suggestion is to put a battery into the drone slot and switch on power for few hours (at least 8 hours, you can do it inside home, the transmitter can be left off) to see if gps battery charges up.
Then, you have to go outside, switch on bird and transmitter, and leave it on the ground for about 20 minutes/half an hour, to allow gps of refreshing almanac.
The fail should go away (if gps battery is still good and no other reasons for malfunction are present).
Good luck

Thank you I am going to give this a shot. I did that but only for about 2 hours with the transmitter on also. I think I also may have disconnected my transmitter from the chroma because I thought that might have helped. How do I sync that back I was only able to get my camera synced back up. like I said I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore, it’s been so long I appreciate your help

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

I’m sure one of our BC pilots will be able to assist you in rebinding the ST10+ and the aircraft. I looked through the user manual and could not find binding instructions, but there are the Model Select and System Settings menus that should have the necessary items to do so. I’ve attached the User Manual and Ld code chart for your convenience.

Attachments

• Blade Chroma Manual.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 22
  • Chroma_LED_Codes.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: Pier2162
T
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

I’m sure one of our BC pilots will be able to assist you in rebinding the ST10+ and the aircraft. I looked through the user manual and could not find binding instructions, but there are the Model Select and System Settings menus that should have the necessary items to do so. I’ve attached the User Manual and Ld code chart for your convenience.
Thank you

Binding is the same as all the other Yuneec drones. Switch on ST10, switch on Chroma, wait until both are fully booted up. ST10: Go to bind screen. Turn the dronev upside down until all all motor-LED blinking blue. The go to ST10 screen and tap on Refresh. The SR24 receiver should appear in the list. Select it and tap on Bind. Wait until connections is established and go back to home screen. That's it.

For diagnosis of the GPS module use the Chroma GUI. Connect drone to PC via Micro-USB cable.
GUI is here: GUI Chroma

br HE

I think I also may have disconnected my transmitter from the chroma because I thought that might have helped. How do I sync that back......
For the binding issue, the image posted above appears to show the controller properly bound to the Chroma. I say that because the battery voltage comes from the Chroma itself.
Volts.jpg
The GPS Fail issue.
I am not familiar with the "GPS FAIL" in the Mode indicator box. I had never seen that one before.

My first thought was the ST10 GPS may not be working. But I then I noticed the ST10 reports 12 Satellites for itself in that same image.
12 sats.jpg
My next thought was the GPS module in the Chroma. All of the missing telemetry is associated with the GPS module in the Chroma. I tried to look at that idea by disconnecting the GPS module itself from the Chroma. Disconnecting the entire module disconnects everything on the module, not just the GPS. I did not get the "GPS Fail" indication on the ST10+, or the same LED and beep patterns you described from the Chroma. But what I did get may be similar when you consider more things than just GPS were disconnected. This is not conclusive, or course, but it is as much as I know at the moment.
disconnected.jpg

Sorry I can't provide anything solid. I thought I would add these observations in case someone else can interpret something from them.
Anything you can see in the Chroma GUI as suggested by @h-elsner would be very helpful.

In the meantime, extended attempts to recharge the GPS battery also may help. The ST10 does NOT have to be turned on while charging the GPS battery.

For the binding issue, the image posted above appears to show the controller properly bound to the Chroma. I say that because the battery voltage comes from the Chroma itself.
View attachment 28652
The GPS Fail issue.
I am not familiar with the "GPS FAIL" in the Mode indicator box. I had never seen that one before.

My first thought was the ST10 GPS may not be working. But I then I noticed the ST10 reports 12 Satellites for itself in that same image.
View attachment 28654
My next thought was the GPS module in the Chroma. All of the missing telemetry is associated with the GPS module in the Chroma. I tried to look at that idea by disconnecting the GPS module itself from the Chroma. Disconnecting the entire module disconnects everything on the module, not just the GPS. I did not get the "GPS Fail" indication on the ST10+, or the same LED and beep patterns you described from the Chroma. But what I did get may be similar when you consider more things than just GPS were disconnected. This is not conclusive, or course, but it is as much as I know at the moment.
View attachment 28653

Sorry I can't provide anything solid. I thought I would add these observations in case someone else can interpret something from them.
Anything you can see in the Chroma GUI as suggested by @h-elsner would be very helpful.

In the meantime, extended attempts to recharge the GPS battery also may help. The ST10 does NOT have to be turned on while charging the GPS battery.
Thank you I appreciate your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval