Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Boosting my Typhoon

Which should I boost first

• Boost the H

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boost the TX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So I was at the lake pre-fishing and before we went out (we were kayaking), I flew to view a cove within line of sight and I had a drop out. Pissed me off as I wasn't too far away, and I've been flying RC since I was 13 (3d heli, 3d fixed, and sailplanes!!!). Never had a drop out that close with spektrum 2.4. I'm a programmer but have a background in biomedical engineering (and pcb repair).

Due to the low signal output of the ST16, I've done the following:
  • External antennas on the H
  • External 5.8ghz antenna (I have to land with the camera facing down...)
  • Raptor SR antenna for the TX
I have one 2watt 2.4ghz amplifier. Until I can get another one, should I first boost my TX with the Raptor SR or should I boost my H?

Which connection on the 2.4 board is telemetry and which is TX/RX antenna?

ALSO. This is driving me insane as my workstation shows no sign of a missing cable. On my 2.4 receiver board, there is a 4 pin connector. I do not see a 4 pin connector ANYWHERE that would go to the 2.4 board. Is this slot empty or did a grimlin steal my 4 pin?

View media item 726View media item 725View media item 724View media item 723

Also, I'll have a real spectrum analyzer on loan from my Dad Monday so I'll adjust as needed to stay within legal. I'm not trying to do anything crazy, I just want guaranteed signal.

FYI I noticed that the 5.8 antenna has a nice beefy wire and a decent looking antenna, it's just at the very front of the camera. So if you don't yank it out your best option for regaining video is rotating the camera to face you. I assume the gimbal is operated by 2.4..

I looked over every inch of the PCB's and didn't see any issue, so I went to a WIDE open field and tested it. Not sure what's up with that missing connector but it's still working.

Edit: not the realsense connector cut up on my desk, the 4 pin going to the 2.4 board

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder