Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Compass Calibration

Hi all.. I know this is an old post but I thought it was best if I post here rather then making a new topic on the same subject..

So I have read this topic but just want to double check, whenever I take my breeze 4k to my local field to fly I always do the compass calibration on every flight, even after a battery change, do I not need to do this then?

All the best, Marc.

That is correct Marc. Most places on Earth would require you to travel at least 50 miles (62 km) to make a change in magnetic declination large enough to warrant doing a recalibration. Do a web search for a map showing magnetic declination in your part of the world.

Best practice for doing the compass/accelerometer calibration is to face magnetic north with the Breeze camera facing you while you are in a large open area away from power lines, buildings, metal objects, and concrete with mesh or rebar. Then do the rotations steadily, keeping the axis of rotation as parallel to the ground as possible on the first two. For the third keep the Breeze as level as you can.

That is correct Marc. Most places on Earth would require you to travel at least 50 miles (62 km) to make a change in magnetic declination large enough to warrant doing a recalibration. Do a web search for a map showing magnetic declination in your part of the world.

Best practice for doing the compass/accelerometer calibration is to face magnetic north with the Breeze camera facing you while you are in a large open area away from power lines, buildings, metal objects, and concrete with mesh or rebar. Then do the rotations steadily, keeping the axis of rotation as parallel to the ground as possible on the first two. For the third keep the Breeze as level as you can.

Hi mate, Steve is it?
Thanks again for another fast and helpful reply.

Lol not having to redo the compass calibration every time is good, not that us really bothered me to be honest but as you know saving those 3 minutes or so of calibration all adds up even mire so when you just want a quick flight to capture a nice shot. .

Where I mainly fly is a few miles of nice open field, its a natural park (open field park, not a build up area playground type park) so no buildings for a few miles and no metal close some wooden fencing with metal parts but nothing close, but as its a good few miles big during the day it's empty so it's perfect for flying. I'm sure your end up seeing some pictures and videos of it, my breeze has always calibrated perfect there but next time I go in a day if two I'll do the check. :)

Thanks again mate.
ATB Marc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval