Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze connects quickly, but doesn't reconnect

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a heat issue, weird bug, or if it's actually some kind of security feature. I flew my Breeze for the first real time today. I had paired the phone and drone a while ago, and as soon as I turned on the drone, the phone connected right away. However, when I tried to connect the range booster, I realized the breeze isn't visible to either the phone or the repeater. I couldn't reconnect with the phone directly to the Breeze. I turned the drone on and off multiple times, as well as rebooting the phone. I thought it might be a heat issue so I tried an ice pack as well as putting it in the refrigerator for a short while. Eventually, it starts working, but I really don't know if it's a heat issue, or a time issue. Is there perhaps a timer so that only one connection can happen within a certain amount of time? I remember having issues with the network SSID disappearing while setting up the repeater. Oddly, once it connects, there is no issue, and I can fly the full length of the battery life without any disconnects.

Assuming you were experimenting indoors. When you have your breeze on for some time and do not fly it, some innards of your bird will get hot. You have to let it cool down, sometimes for a considerable length of time.
Might as well be that your repeater was messing around. What is the brand/make of your repeater and what operating mode are you using with it? WISP is the only feasable op-mode of a repeater in this setup with the breeze IMHO.

I have two repeaters configured. Both seem to work fine, but I only used the Comfast CF-WR371AC in flight. The other is a Edimax EW-7288APC. I don't think it's a repeater issue, as turning off all repeaters, rebooting my phone, then rebooting the Breeze, and I still can't see Wifi on the phone. I also experienced the issue before I bought the repeaters. I just thought it was a fluke, as it went away on it's own. I'm guessing I might need to put a fan or heat sink in there.

I configured an older 802.11ac router as a bridged repeater for the Breeze. I turn on the repeater, then the Breeze and wait for the LED in the arm to go solid green (meaning repeater and Breeze are connected), then connect to the repeater with my phone, and finally start BreezeCam app.

Give it a try. Let us know if this helps.

BTW the Breeze only allows one connection at a time. If you connect with the phone then turn on the repeater, the repeater won’t be able to connect to the Breeze until the phone disconnects.

Last edited:
Well, I found the issue. The Breeze was bad. I got a new one, and it works fine. Comparing the new and old one, the old one got a bit hotter. Seems that Wifi would somehow stay connected, but would only connect when it wasn't hot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval