Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze FlightLogs ....

Reaction score
Ok well got the breeze back together repaired the IPS/lidar board with new IR led and adding wire leads to it so it's not just using 1 screw and little bit of solder to hold it tight ?.
Umm flew awesome and forgot to do the compass like I usually do when haven't flown for more than 24 hours.
But even being fully disassembled and even with foreign replacement components it is flying like a champ , atleast I think . I have the flight logs here they are in the center of the pic if u zoom in the pic will have it clearly written out I for some reason can't crop the photo and can't get another one atm of the logs, but this should work.
If anyone that is familiar with the logs can telle if they too seem to think the logs look good and nothing strange then hopefully I can get back to making this custom battery for it .

Attachments

• flightlog.png
    flightlog.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 16271738268007616640265366231406.jpg
    16271738268007616640265366231406.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 12
You could use "q500log2kml". The name suggests that it is only for the Q500 but it was expanded to analyze all Yuneec flight logs (except ULOG files). You can convert flight logs to kml or gpy files to playback flights and(or show charts and lists of the selected values.
In appendix of the manual you can find some more information about the flight logs.

Edit: And by the way with Atl+Print only the window that has focus will be recorded in the screenshot. However, screenshot will not help - I don't want totransscript pictures and the amount of data is too small.
IMU status should go from -17 to -1 before start. This is not seen here due to less data.

br HE

Last edited:
You could use "q500log2kml". The name suggests that it is only for the Q500 but it was expanded to analyze all Yuneec flight logs (except ULOG files). You can convert flight logs to kml or gpy files to playback flights and(or show charts and lists of the selected values.
In appendix of the manual you can find some more information about the flight logs.

Edit: And by the way with Atl+Print only the window that has focus will be recorded in the screenshot. However, screenshot will not help - I don't want totransscript pictures and the amount of data is too small.
IMU status should go from -17 to -1 before start. This is not seen here due to less data.

br HE
Very nice , thanks man I did see this but then thought it was like u had said only for the one model not the breeze.
I'll check it out , I am getting tired of going crosseyed counting out the spaces ?.
Hey I know that some drone's ESCs can take not only a 11.1v / 3s battery but will also work with a 14.4 / 4s battery without any problems. Wouldn't happen to know if the Breeze's ESC would be able to do both types of packs?

If you are using the Controller task mode you will find that your flightlogs will end as soon as that mode is selected. Pilot mode and the other automated modes will record a full flightlog. This is a known bug that was never addressed by Yuneec.

If you are using the Controller task mode you will find that your flightlogs will end as soon as that mode is selected. Pilot mode and the other automated modes will record a full flightlog. This is a known bug that was never addressed by Yuneec.
ok that's what's going on , i never fly without so ill have to do a test flight with just the regulars mode. have u heard of these things just going forward full power for no reason?

ok that's what's going on , i never fly without so ill have to do a test flight with just the regulars mode. have u heard of these things just going forward full power for no reason?
this was a quick test land and right before i was going to hit land u can see where it took off at max speed and i killed the motors before it hit a tree, lol worked ok after and before fine so kinda strange

Attachments

• ScreenshotQuick_analysis_1.png
    ScreenshotQuick_analysis_1.png
    42 KB · Views: 6

br HE
my imu usually at-81 it looks like either the whole time or most of the time and does have -17 and -1 sometimes whats that represent that reading?

The sensor health is represented by a bit in one byte. You have a numerical representation of this bit setting. Unfortunately Yuneec used signed values instead of unsigned for Android app (iPhone gives us unsigned values). Signed values means, the highest bit defines if the value is positive (Most Significant Bit=0) or negative (MSB=1). Number goes up to 127 and the as negative values down to -1. As unsigned values this would be 0-255 (one byte).
This makes it harder to see what's happen. If you hold the mouse pointer on the cell, you will see the unsigned value of the IMU status.

Enough of theory. Common values are:
-1 = 255 = 1111 1111 = all bits set to '1'. I think this is the normal IMU status. Othe values mean that some bit are not set. And here is the problem: We don't know which bit represents what (GPS, compass, optical flow, IMU and so on). Yuneec has no description offered.
-81 = 175 = 1010 1111 = bit 4 and 6 reset
-65 = 191 = 1011 1111 = bit 4 now set, bit 6 still reset
-17 = 239 = 1110 1111 = only bit 4 reset

We can see that we have only toggeling bit 4 and bit 6 whatever they represent. Those values are not unusual and I would named it as "normal".

What we know ist that the MSB=1 in nsat represents the GPS lock. Means, negative values (or unusual high values for IOS) is locked GPS.
Example:
nsat=13 --> 13 sattelites in use, no GPS lock
nsat=-115 --> still 13 sats in use, GPS locked, ready to fly. -115 = 1000 1101 --> MSB=1 and 1101=13
Again holding mouse pointer on nsat cell shows the real number of sats and if it is green then GPS is locked.

br HE

Bit 4 in IMU status could be the usage of IF-Sensor because it correlates very often with altitude.

IMUstatus.png
If drone is too high or too low bit 4 is reset (-17 vs. -1)
-1 = 255 = 1111 1111 = all bits set
-17 = 239 = 1110 1111 = bit 4 reset

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Bit 4 in IMU status could be the usage of IF-Sensor because it correlates very often with altitude.

View attachment 26149

br HE
ok i gotcha and yes i see hovering over the cell shows whats going on , um i have a vid im uploading to youtube . at about 5 min into flight just hovering about 155 feet up in the air it starts flying all around on its own , ill post a link when the vid uploads done. i flew a few times without the controller and gpot a couple flight logs here. thats really a winrar file not a zip.
i have to redo somne test flights because i erased the ones i had gotten a little while ago somehow.thise are yesterdays logs

Attachments

• logs.zip
    29.4 KB · Views: 2

View attachment 26149

br HE
do you know what kind of attenna these are in the breeze and are they any good or is thier something better internal or external?

They are dipole antennas contained in the front legs. With the Breeze marketed as a selfie drone the reception is best when the camera faces the controller. An improvement would be to switch to a bare wire dipole mounted on the lower part at 45 degrees outward so they are at 90 degrees to each other. Preferably tuned for the 5.8GHz WiFi channels.

For the control station it helps to use a WiFi repeater with more power than your phone. You could even mod the repeater antennas to provide better signal.

They are dipole antennas contained in the front legs. With the Breeze marketed as a selfie drone the reception is best when the camera faces the controller. An improvement would be to switch to a bare wire dipole mounted on the lower part at 45 degrees outward so they are at 90 degrees to each other. Preferably tuned for the 5.8GHz WiFi channels.

For the control station it helps to use a WiFi repeater with more power than your phone. You could even mod the repeater antennas to provide better signal.
Yeah I actually had an old cell phone laying around and modded it a little with a lap top antenna array and even at 200 feet up I still show almost full signal and no video break up at all.9
Lol it's not the best looking thing but works great especially when mounted to the controller for the breeze.
I'm going to get some new logs in pilot mode today I have a link to a video that during mid flight about 4 min in flight and 175 feet up the drone goes into a spin like a compass calibr6 went out but the controller showed it was blue or in ok status and no warning on the screen.

This where it messed up as u will see it was smooth and has been flying for some time then... Well I get it down but I had to fight it u can see in the video ?

Oh here is the gehtto antenna mod and unlike it's looks it actually works great I pick up so many wifi signals I never saw before , as u can see in the video I live in the woods and only have houses to my right and don't get much interference from wifi and that's great for drones in those common used channels.

Ohh wanted to ask what repeater do u recommend? I see the Comcast one all my cells have 2.4 and the 5ghz ranges so that's not the problem the issue I can't seem to find the one you were talking about.
Seems every single wifi adapter and dongle they call an extender and they aren't and I spent 3 hours looking last night for a good repeater and found nothing ?

Attachments

• 20210727_175546.jpg
    20210727_175546.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210727_175556.jpg
    20210727_175556.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210727_175457.jpg
    20210727_175457.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
I have this one How To: Setup the ZyXEL WRE-6606 for use with Breeze
But I have not seen it for two years now. It is nice because you can power it from a 5V USB power brick. I keep it now for when I am on the road and WiFi is weak in the hotel room.
Lol ? I saw that one u also said was good a few years ago so I looked for one and had no luck but I guess like u said they impossible to find for two years now.
Figured maybe they have something newer to replace it but all I keep finding it repeater /extenders that only do 2.4ghz and that's worthless as u know for the breeze.
How would two of these Attennas work compared to the stock breeze ones ?

Attachments

• 16275003090636788457327203748177.jpg
    16275003090636788457327203748177.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
If they are tuned for 5.8GHz they should work. You will want just the wire at the end to exit the body of the aircraft. One on each side of the body preferably at a 45 degree angle.

I believe they are tuned for 5ghz range they came off a controller That was 2.4/5ghz and that one in the pic is on the camera/wifi PCB side that paired with the controller.
Is there a specific way to tell on these or a way to test them for their given operating frequency range?

An SWR meter, but I haven’t had one of those since my days working on CB radios and antenna systems. You are likely safe it came off of the 5 GHz camera link. If the wire exposed past the bullet is about 52mm then it is tuned for 5.8GHz. Wave length = c(1/f), where c is the speed of light 300,000m/s and f is the frequency in Hertz.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval