Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze on a cruise ship -

Reaction score
Going on a cruise soon. I'm thinking about possibly bringing my Breeze along to
shoot some video of the various ports of call - Puerto Rico, Turks/Caicos and vicinity.

I'm wondering if each of these ports have their own rules, or maybe total ban on flying
at these locations. I'll check with my cruise line to see what they say, but if you have
any tips to share, I'd welcome hearing from you.

I'm a bit cautious about bringing the Breeze along, as I don't want to hold up the othes
in our party while I calibrate, then fly, etc when the other people will want to get on with
the scheduled port activities. On the other hand, I'd sure regret not having the Breeze
if some amazing scenes come up.. which is very likely.

Your thoughts? Happy flying, and thanks! (If I go with this, you'll see some video
in a couple weeks!)

We had this conversation many times! Check for yourself about port issues?
If you don't want to hold up your party, don't bring it.
Come on you're old enough to make Google searches and decisions.:rolleyes:
I'm rather blunt at times.;)

We had this conversation many times! Check for yourself about port issues?
If you don't want to hold up your party, don't bring it.
Come on you're old enough to make Google searches and decisions.:rolleyes:
I'm rather blunt at times.;)
Thanks for your reply - and yes, I know about "google" but I ventured a post here seeking some
first person experiences. Of course, the final arbitrator will by the cruise director's comments.

But if anyone has prior experience in such situations, that might be helpful rather than snarky.

Depends on the cruise lines, check their FAQ to see if you are allowed to bring. Most lines have come out with rules for drones, so don't attempt to fly FROM the ship.

Port areas are usually NO FLY areas, so you're going to have to leave the area first.

Check AirMap or similar for each port to see where/if you are able to fly. Many port towns have airports very close by and it could be a dealbreaker unless you can get further away.

Most islands have their own drone laws, so search them down as well, print and bring them along.

If you already know where on the port stops you are going, you may need to obtain permission to fly from the property owner. An email to management with your request and plan usually suffices.

If you are flying to your departure port, airlines have there own drone rules, so research your specific airline rules.

Enjoy your trip but respect all the laws and rules in each location. You can capture some amazing footage vacation.

For me I am going to assume by your title "Breeze on a cruise ship" you meant to say "I'm taking my Breeze with me while I go on a cruise vacation any tips" (you should change your title)

Common sense best practices aside ie. no flying low around or above people, near airports, heliports, no flying on the ship much less while its underway etc.

Always look at a map before your disembark know where the ports/airports/heliports are (you don't want to start flying and realize your breeze is in on a final approach path or hey there is a military base as most of these islands are small just be aware of whats around or you can find yourself in big trouble)

Make sure its registered

I'm sure since this cruise it was well planned and you know your Ports of Call, if its a big country try to be specific to the region

For each country/region google and read about drone laws

Do so especially if it is not clearly stated the more you know read about others experience in a particular place the better.

With that travel with your drone! Though some countries will seize it at the port of entry and return to you when you depart so the onus is on you to do a bit of research and know which ones do.

or you can leave it home and not worry about any of this

Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech