Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze stronger battery?

Reaction score
I was looking on Amazon for new sets of blades for my Breeze. Got them nice and cheap and on their way.

Anyways, when looking for them, I found this third party stronger batteries for the Breeze. Instead of 1150 mahp they were 17 mahp.

Here is the link

GIFI POWER 1 x 1700mAh 11.1V 3S LiPo Battery For Yuneec Breeze https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CG2DDWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yPpqBbA4VY0RP

My question is, has anybody here bought them and if so what do you think?

And

If first time seeing this, what do you think?

Seems fishy to me lol

Do a search for them in the forum (use magnifying glass icon). There have been mixed opinions using them. Flight times reported have only been slightly longer than the OEM batteries.

Also be wary of third party props for the Breeze. If they fit tightly and do not pivot freely like the OEM props, send them back for a refund. Others have had “destructive landings” using props that don’t pivot properly.

Do a search for them in the forum (use magnifying glass icon). There have been mixed opinions using them. Flight times reported have only been slightly longer than the OEM batteries.

Also be wary of third party props for the Breeze. If they fit tightly and do not pivot freely like the OEM props, send them back for a refund. Others have had “destructive landings” using props that don’t pivot properly.

Thanks man!

Another question, regarding hard landings, mine tends to do land a bit rough some times.

I’m currently on the second set of blades that came with it. Is there another reason for rough landings that is not the blades or the sensors?

Mine sets down a little hard at times, especially on concrete or pavement, but never anything close to hard enough to cause damage of any type. I always check the IRS and Flow Sensor glass to be sure they are clean and no foggy condensation on the inside. I have flown quite a bit since getting the Breeze, and my props still seem fine. I do wipe them with a damp cloth or paper towel when they get bug juice on them, but so far no nicks or cracks.

The hard landings I referred to in the previous post were crashes caused by the props being unbalanced because they did not move to the stops when the motors started. It caused unbalanced flight and the Breeze crashed into things.

Also do a search on the forum about LiPo battery care and maintenance. There are some good posts on the subject and explain why sometimes a higher mAh battery will not significantly outperform one with a lower mAh rating.

I read that thread about the LiPo batteries.
Trust me when I tell you that, when one of my 4 batteries goes out, I’ll go get a new one.

I’ll be upgrading soon for business purposes and consulting, however, I will still take the breeze with me everywhere I go.

Thanks for all the info man, I really do appreciated!

I bought 2 of the Gifi 1700mAh batteries from Amazon last week.

10 flight so far, longest time is something like 4 minutes and 15 seconds, to autoland ( 5% battery indicated on breeze app)

the year old OEM battery lasts longer than that, as a comparison

camera off, just hovering.

they SUCK, headed back to Amazon for a refund in the morning.

I will likely solder a jst or someother common RC connecter into the breeze, and then select from batteries such as these.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/batteri...VlKDsCh20fwz-EAAYASAAEgL3ZvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

10 flight so far, longest time is something like 4 minutes and 15 seconds, to autoland ( 5% battery indicated on breeze app)

I will likely solder a jst or someother common RC connecter into the breeze, and then select from batteries such as these.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/batteri...VlKDsCh20fwz-EAAYASAAEgL3ZvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Let us know how you fare with the mod.

While a modification may be possible on the Breeze side there are other things to consider. 1) will the new battery fit into the breeze? It may but watch how it MAY change the CG (center of gravity). A change will mean the heavy side blades will need to turn faster to keep the Breeze in a level hover. 2) how will you charge the new battery? There are many chargers out there that will CHARGE / BALANCE the battery but the Breeze charger won’t work without modification too.

If you go this route get the highest ‘C’ rating you can that will fit in the Breeze slot.

Good luck.

the year old OEM battery lasts longer than that, as a comparison

A four minute flight time that's crazy I definitely would not be pleased with that.. I too have heard many mixed things about the gifi batteries for the breeze most say they give 10 minutes flight time which I would be ok with as I get roughly that with the OEM battery, but 4 minutes, I'm not sure if I should risk buying one now or not.

Most companies that make battery ‘packs’ (3S, 4S,...6S meaning 3,4,5,6 cell packs) don’t actually produce the LiPo individual batteries. They buy the individual cells from one of a few companies that actually make (assemble) LiPo batteries. The larger companies (thunder power, FlightMax, Turnigy, ...) have tight specs that the batteries and assembly process - that’s why (in general) you will pay more for these batteries. The ‘left over’ batteries that don’t meet the rigid requirements of the top manufacturers get sold off to companies like Gifi and others. I have no actual experience with Gifi but based on what I have read many are not happy with the product.

We know the Breeze draws the same current (within a few tens of milliamps) so a 1700mah battery SHOULD give longer flight time than a 1350mah battery. Unfortunately C ratings and internal resistance of batteries are not known so you are rolling the dice here.

If you try the Gifi just be sure you can return the battery for a refund if you are not happy.

Hi Scott, yeah I have been using lipo in my rc cars trucks and helis etc for around 13+ years give or take (core it really been that long lol) I understand in a lot if cases you get what you pay for, some of my old lipos for my cars and trucks used to cost more then some of my trucks and helis did haha, but over the last good few years a lot of lipo prices have dropped and in a lot of cases the quality of cheap lipos have gone up, some of my truck batteries now are cheap but perform as well as my older high end stuff, bit like my RCS 2s 4100 30c, I paid £25 each for those they are still going strong after 6-7years of heavy use, these still perform just as good as my orion lips, and that long ago £25 was a dirt cheap lipo wasn't it..

But some lipos are still just naff (can I say naff?) and from what I have seen around the gifi ones don't have a good rep at all, so I'm thinking in two weeks spend £20 on a gifi battery that 'might' be OK or might give poor performance and be poor quality or just wait a few months and spend £40 and buy an original yunnec breeze battery, in an ideal world I would not think about it and just buy the original but being on a tight budget and having a never ending wish/wanted list it make decisions a bit harder.. I've got a few weeks to wait anyway so I'll have a think. :)

Happy rc-ing
ATB Marc

Keep in mind, my stock battery only gets 5 minute flight times ( it is a year old, bought used, so who knows how many cycles)

It has been hot here, 90+ F, that likely makes a difference too.

Ive got two more new but oem stock batteries on order to compare with after returning the Gifi junk.

Reactions: Marc.RCAddict
Hi,

I'm going to buy extra batteries for my drone, but OEM batteries are quite expensive.
Searching for information about GIFI batteries I found an interesting comparison.

The price of two GIFI 1700 batteries on eBay is $49. Should I risk buying?

I ordered two of the green and black labeled Gifi 1700 mAh from amazon @ about $35 each
they both lasted about 85% as long as a 1 year old OEM yuneec breeze battery rated at 1300 mAh

ebay has the oem batteries for as low as $26 each

Unfortunately, the cheapest 1150 OEM battery from shipping to my country is $50 :( for this I started to look for some alternative.

first report with two new OEM 1150 mAh yuneec branded batteries
these are the very first battery cycles assuming the ebay seller was truthful ( batteries did look new)

battery #2 started at 100%, flight lasted 5:15 landed at 15%

battery #3 started at 97%, flight lasted 5:30 landed at 15%

all hovering, with slight corrections

just for giggles I tried the year old oem 1150 battery with only the phone, no controller , video set to 720 ( I never recorded though) and the speed turned down, it lasted 5:15 seconds to land at 16% and it started at 97% ( as I changed those settings)

moral of the story, that is 3 yuneec 1150mAh batteries that all last longer than the vaporware rated Gifi 1700 mAh batteries

IM starting to wonder does using the controller use more battery?
or does having the response speed on the breeze being turned up make it use more battery?
something is making mine use more than every one else...

its actually cool this afternoon maybe 75-80 out here, I am at 1400 feet of elevation.
I can not fathom how anyone gets 10 minutes of flight time from a breeze.

Last edited:
Yeah that's one of the videos I saw..
If my original yuneec batteries only last 5 minutes after a year I'll be OK with that, it will be time to replace them, at the moment I get around 10-12 minutes flight time when also constantly videoing, I'm happy with that flight time, I have two OEM batteries so I get to use it for long enough!

You know what in a few weeks I'm just going to order one of the gifi batteries for £19 delivered to me and ill test it out, if I'm not happy with it I'll try and send it back its worth a shot, I'll be happy with 8-10 minutes flight time..

The cheapest I found the OEM batteries delivered to me is £39, of course though if I find OEM cheaper then I might change my mind.. :)

first report with two new OEM 1150 Mah batteries from yuneec.
these are the very first battery cycles assuming the ebay seller was truthful ( batteries did look new)

battery #2 started at 100%, flight lasted 5:15 landed at 15%

battery #3 started at 97%, flight lasted 5:30 landed at 15%

all hovering, with slight corrections

IM starting to wonder does using the controller use more battery?
or does having the response speed on the breeze being turned up make it use more battery?
something is making mine use more than every one else...

Mate that's very low flight time for OEM new batteries.. Mine even on the first cycle lasted around 8-10 minutes then around 10-12 after.

Using the controller to the best of my knowledge and tests does not effect the flight time, the drones speed, recording duration and weather conditions will though..

I do mainly fly my at 3 m/s and land around 10-15% battery..

Tomorrow afternoon though I will take the drone out and fly it on full speed 5 m/s with the transmitter and land at 15% battery I'll time the flight and report back to you in the evenings..

This may be a silly question but are you flying with prop guards and your blades are definitely not damaged are they? Damaged blades can also lower the flight time due to the drone trying to stabilize harder.

ATB Marc

these batteries must be old stock I guess, but the higher rated Gifi were less good.

brand new props, no guards
NO recording, only hovering with mininal corrections in the driveway

im literally 15 feet away with the controller.

Last edited:
Yeah somethings not quite right somewhere mate..

even last week I was flying in 20-25mph winds and constantly recording and taking pictures and I got around 9 minutes flight time before I decided to land it.. I got all that on video I'm going yo upload it tomorrow so I will share that with you too..

Do you think there's a chance your charger could be faulty and not functioning properly and fully charging your batteries, but saying that your drone is saying they are charged as well..

It's a weird one this, hopefully once you cycle the batteries more the flight time will increase if not, I'd say there's a issue somewhere and not related to the batteries..

ATB Marc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy