Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze stronger battery?

first report with two new OEM 1150 mAh yuneec branded batteries
these are the very first battery cycles assuming the ebay seller was truthful ( batteries did look new)

battery #2 started at 100%, flight lasted 5:15 landed at 15%

battery #3 started at 97%, flight lasted 5:30 landed at 15%

I read some of your battery messages in two forum threads. I wonder if your drone is not damaged, maybe it has some short-circuit which causes higher battery consumption.

I read some of your battery messages in two forum threads. I wonder if your drone is not damaged, maybe it has some short-circuit which causes higher battery consumption.

How would I know? I would think a higher draw or short circuit would quickly take out the ESC, but im not super familiar with the insides of this particular beast.

it flies fine, was bought used here from user Slawson

How would I know? I would think a higher draw or short circuit would quickly take out the ESC, but im not super familiar with the insides of this particular beast.

it flies fine, was bought used here from user Slawson

Hi mate, i did a flight test for you yesterday, kept the drone on full speed, was recording the footage but was using the phone as the transmitter, did a screen recording too luckily I did as my drone memory was full so my inboard footage did not save. But I just took a screen shot for you showing I got over 11 minutes flight fast flying around, lol well as fast as the breeze goes anyway.. You could knock around 1 minute off the recorded time due to going into the pilot mode and taking off..

Screenshot_20180718-062229.png

Had my first crash with the breeze yesterday too, on my first battery, soon as i took off the drone dirtied to the right, I had no control, after a few seconds it let me hit the land button but it come down hard, luckily It was flying around 2m high when it come down so did not damage nothing, but even a little freak crash like that has now put me on edge for the next flight with my two week old drone lol..

ATB Marc

Reactions: Bigwilly
I believe you, I just cant imagine what is wrong with this one to get such short flight times.

second cycles of new batteries increase about 10 seconds each ( up to 5:40)

I believe you, I just cant imagine what is wrong with this one to get such short flight times.

second cycles of new batteries increase about 10 seconds each ( up to 5:40)

Was your Breeze new or used? If it is new, you should contact Yuneec for a replacement.

Are you near the Tampa area, where you could get with him for a possible repair?

If they are refurbished with a warranty it might be a good deal.

The Yuneec charger, as any LiPo charger, should charge the CELLS to 4.2v (or very close- 4.18 to 4.2). You can measure this with a voltmeter. You have 3 cells and each one should be 4.2v. This will tell you if you have a charger issue (I doubt it).

The other unknown as I have mentioned before is the battery C rating. 20C, 30C, more, less. We dink know. The OEM battery might be 20C (just a guess on my part), and the Gifi May be a 10C (another guess). This would explain lower flight times. It makes sense the Gifi battery would be a lower C rating as it’s a larger Mah rating, and if it was the same C rating as the 1150 OEM, it MUST be larger in size. As it’s not (fits in the Breeze) it must be a lower C rating. This would account for less performance.

I've checked the batteries with a meter in another post.
they are balanced and charging up to 4.20 volts.

I do not think it is a battery nor charger issue I think it is a current hungry drone issue at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold