Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze will not connect to GPS

Breeze Cam is supposed to record every connection with the Breeze as a FlightLog file. Unfortunately it fails to do so, and Yuneec tries to claim there is not a problem with the app. I still haven’t seen a FlightLog file that shows the Breeze airborne being flown with the B/T controller. See this thread for more info Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs - Your Data is Needed.

I looked at 3 of your flights so far and you used the Pilot mode in all three. Do you always use that mode or do you use the controller also?

More info coming tomorrow.
Thanks for the link to the other thread on analyzing flight log data, doesn’t look like I am alone by a long shot and a known issue that you and the community have documented with it not recording every flight.

I flew in pilot mode 90% of the time, my 8 plus does not fit very good in the holder for the controller. I also could not get my controller ever to control the pan the camera up and down. Shooting video, I also felt I had more control using my phone to smoothly move though shots. With a number of pictures and videos taken and still on the Beeze app from 9/27/18 and a number of other dates that the flight log did not capture, there normally is source data embedded on digital files. Have you heard Yuneec requesting these to extract source data as a part of their analysis of reported issues?
Just for clarity, 90% in pilot mode and 90% using the app on my iPhone 8plus to control the Breeze. I only demo’d The other functions on the unit and used the controller just a handful of times (reasons explained above) when I just wanted to fly within view and not intending to take any pics.

See the Conversation for updated info. In your response to the Conversation let me know more about where you were flying at the time of our flyaway. Hoping Yuneec will work with you on this. They will need the same files you sent me, so don't delete them.

See the Conversation for updated info. In your response to the Conversation let me know more about where you were flying at the time of our flyaway. Hoping Yuneec will work with you on this. They will need the same files you sent me, so don't delete them.
Thanks, sent a response in the conversation. We will see what Yuneec says tomorrow at my appointment.

So am I understanding correctly that using the controller causes the flight log to never be recorded or stored or is it sometimes? I only fly with the controller as I think the phone app is clunky in comparison (to each his own).

Happy to report, sent my flight logs in for Yuneec’s review, they are replacing my Breeze under the warranty after the fly away. I rarely used the controller and fly using 5 batteries, lots of flights never logged. My flight log only had 10 flights within it.

So am I understanding correctly that using the controller causes the flight log to never be recorded or stored or is it sometimes? I only fly with the controller as I think the phone app is clunky in comparison (to each his own).

A FlightLog file may be started when you connect to the Breeze, but as soon as you select the Controller Task mode the file will end. In all the various Breeze FlightLog files I have looked at since the beginning of the year not one shows the Breeze in the air in Controller mode. In fact I have never seen that mode show in the log files, but there will be video or photos proving the Breeze was airborne.

Man, that really stinks and I'm betting yuneec isnt going to do another firmware update. I really doubt it's a controller issue. I think I've only flown one time with my phone just to try it before switching to the controller. I bought both of my new ones from walmart specifically to get the controllers rather than the extra battery as when amazon had them they wanted $180 for the 2 battery while walmart wanted only $150 with 1 battery and controller. Way better deal and at the moment you can still order free 2 day ship to store $150 plus a $30 extra battery for a $180 total before tax. Controllers tend to cost more than an extra battery anyways.
Hate to sound whiney but this is a real serious legit problem that yuneec needs to fix asap. Totally unfair that you cant prove what happened without the flight log with just a video which wont even matter if you cant find the drone or it's too damaged to download. Honestly a bit disgusted especially as I've heard such good reports of yuneecs willingness to repair/replace.

There have been 3 or 4 within the past couple of months that didn’t have FlightLog files of the crash/flyaway and Yuneec replaced the craft. So without admitting there is a problem with the Breeze Cam app, they are allowing warranty replacement/repair.

The firmware is not the problem in this case. The Breeze is sending the telemetry to Breeze Cam. You see it with the height and distance readout at the bottom of the screen, the battery level at top left, the Status icons at the top right for IR, Flow, GPS, Compass, and IMU.

The problem is totally within the Breeze Cam app. FlightLog files will get created when flying in Pilot, Selfie, Orbit, Journey, or Follow Me some of the time, but not always. The original Breeze Cam app only had those modes of flight and FPV/Controller mode was added later once the controller was added to the mix. The addition of controller mode somehow never got patched into the code that takes care of recording the FlightLog files, which is why a log file will end as soon as you switch to Controller mode.

I know the Breeze is at the end of its life and likely not in production anymore, but the Breeze Cam app needs to be properly fixed for the many thousands of users worldwide. Both iOS and the Android versions suffer from this bug.

Totally agree and as mentioned many times end of life or not it's a steal at $150.understand now. Had it in my head that the onboard memory was recording that information and not the phone/tablet.
So looking at my files that must be the breezecamlog files that I had to download an app to look at. Looks like it records every second. I'll have to take a look next time I fly.
Planned on testing parts drone today but its 41 and raining:(

My issue was resolved by Yuneec as well for anyone curious. Shipped them the breeze, they replaced the GPS module and put some new blades on for me. Shipped back all within 2 weeks. Pretty great customer service.

Reactions: robbie2
Nice. It would have cost you somewhere around $20 -$50 for a used GPS board IF you can find one and another $20 for a complete set of original blades. DONT buy aftermarket ones!!! They do NOT fit properly and you WILL crash. There are actually 2 different components to the GPS setup and I'm guessing you dont know which they replaced. Theres a second really small one slide in mounted under the power switch that is labeled GPS 2 plus on the top of the drone under that cover is the GPS antenna board. I'm assuming you crashed and I'm really curious if it landed upside down on that top cover.

Nice. It would have cost you somewhere around $20 -$50 for a used GPS board IF you can find one and another $20 for a complete set of original blades. DONT buy aftermarket ones!!! They do NOT fit properly and you WILL crash. There are actually 2 different components to the GPS setup and I'm guessing you dont know which they replaced. Theres a second really small one slide in mounted under the power switch that is labeled GPS 2 plus on the top of the drone under that cover is the GPS antenna board. I'm assuming you crashed and I'm really curious if it landed upside down on that top cover.
Wow awesome. They really helped me out then! Where can you get the original blades and any recommendation on spare batteries? During the fly away it hit the corner of a building pretty much directly on the GPS cover and on one of the motors. Then flipped and landed on all 4 motors

Hang on for a few minutes and I'll get back to you with the answers.

I believe hobby lobby has them for a decent price. Yuneec wants something like $20 for a pack of 4 which is ludicrous. You can look on ebay and get a couple of packs for around $20 shipped but make sure they either show yuneec packaging and it doesnt say any other manufacturer as they are replicated. I cannot say that all of the others will not fit properly but I know a couple are definately not right so its not worth messing with others.
In general what is wrong with the counterfeits is the grommet the pin passes through is too small and doesnt allow the blade to move freely and the plastic around the grommet is too thick and it does the same thing by rubbing against the yoke (the piece both blades are mounted in). The blades MUST all move freely.
That being said I noticed that the replacement yuneec ones sometimes has 1 that runs just a bit but you can fix it by lightly sanding the top and bottom where the pin is.
The blades are WAY overpriced any way you look at it and it's an absolute shame. They are easily nicked up just from grass although small Nick's are OK to run with. If you have a blade top that is slightly curled in a small spot or on the edge you can take a flat sided needle nose (as in doesnt have the ridges to bite down) and straighten it if your careful.
Take a look at the parts prices at yuneek snd they are ridiculous. I remember seeing one board that cost $250. You can buy a whole new drone with controller at Walmart for $150 before tax and in my opinion it's by far the best bargain there is until you get into something like the dji spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval