Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze will not connect to GPS

Reaction score
2nd flight with my Breeze and I had the infamous "fly-away" happen. Luckily it hit something on it's way into orbit and didn't get completely away from me. Bottom and GPS covers popped off and the motors stopped. Put them back on and went for flight and I am getting the red error indicator on the gps icon that says to contact support. The drone will not find GPS at all. It also says you can use flight mode, but when I attempt to take off the drone doesn't move, but the app acts like it has taken off and is flying. I have tried to power-cycle and do a hard reset using the button in the micro sd card slot to no resolve. Any ideas?

First, welcome to YuneecPilots!

Now let’s look at the problems you are having. The usual cause of a flyaway with the Breeze is a compass malfunction. Did you get any warnings in Breeze Cam when the flyaway occurred?

Did you do the Compass Calibration before your first flight?

If so, describe the area you were in while doing the calibration.

Remove the bottom cover again, being careful not to break the small tabs on the front near the camera. With the Breeze on its back and the rear nearest you, look on the left side, there should be a wire bundle coming from the GPS at the top of the Breeze. Make sure it is securely plugged into the circuit board. At the back should be a small circuit with a wire bundle, make sure it is plugged in securely and that it is still firmly mounted to the frame of the Breeze. It is the compass and must not be able to move as the Breeze is placed in any position.

Ensure all other connectors are securely fastened. Then replace the bottom cover.

Insert a fresh battery, hold in the reset button near the microUSB, power on the Breeze and continue holding the reset button for 20 seconds, release the reset button and power cycle the Breeze. If you do not get the normal rising tritone beeps and go to a flashing blue Power LED, power cycle the Breeze. If still no joy, contact Yuneec CS.

Hey thanks for the response! I had no warnings before the drone attempted to fly away. All was ready and I had 15 satellites on it. I flew it briefly inside but prior to my first flight out side I calibrated it. I live in jersey city so I was between some buildings (60-80 feet high) but the space itself is pretty open. I will attempt what you suggested and comment back with the results. Any ideas on how to actually get in contact with Yuneec? I emailed, chatted on FB and Twitter but have heard nothing back.

Using a full (non-mobile) web browser, go to http://yuneec.com/support. Then choose the Speak to a Professional option. Try the online Chat first, if you get no response, use the schedule a support phone call. You can submit a support ticket once you are registered with Yuneec, but you will likely not get a response to it either (just like FB and email).

If you have an open soccer, football, or baseball field or playground; away from power lines, buildings, reinforced concrete that is good for doing the calibration.

Try using this method to do the calibration:

Place the phone in airplane mode, enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, open Breeze Cam, and perform the calibration.

While calibrating face Magnetic North with the Breeze camera facing you. Do the first two rotation sets smoothly keeping the axis of rotation as parallel to the ground as possible. The final set should be done keeping the Breeze as level as you can.

Tried everything you recommended and still no dice. Will have to try to contact Yuneec. Thanks for the info !

Are you still getting a flashing red Power LED and ugly beeps on startup? If so, something is unplugged or broken.

Are you still getting a flashing red Power LED and ugly beeps on startup? If so, something is unplugged or broken.
Yup. I checked all the plugs and they seem to be correct so something must have broke. Nothing looks broken or out of place from a physical perspective though

Use this guide to copy the FlightLog files to your PC. Once on your PC select the files and create a zip file and upload it here using the Attach files button. We will analyze them and see if any hardware problems were reported.

If the device you run Breeze Cam on is an Android, @airborne recommends this:

The app My Phone Explorer consists of two parts: One goes to any Android phone the second part has to be installed on the windows machine. So yes, it is in Google playstore for free and suits most Android flavours.
Once the file is on Windows it can be copied, moved and edited without restricitions. So the truncation must happen when windows File Explorer does the handling. Windows is known to handle CR/LF sequences in a peculiar way sometimes.

Attachments

• Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs.pdf
    126.4 KB · Views: 14
Here are the logs. I think the 9/30 latest one (also biggest in size) is when it crashed.

Attachments

• FlightLogs.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 6
Ryanvetro, my apologies for jumping into this thread, first time using the site. I had been flying a Breeze for about 4 months with lots of hours in the air. Had flown it this weekend to get a compass interference error. Not realizing what to do, I shut it down to start again with no issue. Next day flew it to about 100’ and 100’ out to get a loss of WiFi to it and then watching it apparently have the infamous fly away. It started back to home, then raced up to max ceiling to then take off out of site. Strangely got a geo fence warning though it did not stop. Once I lost site, never seen it come down nor could I find it. Any chances the gps coordinates from this last flight or it’s final location be held somewhere?

ryanvetro, figures out how to post my own request for help. Your post and the response of the challenge you had was very informative, better to understand my own issue that occurred. Good luck on getting your back in the air.

Norbert,

Read post 8 in this thread, then post your FlightLog files. When you get a magnetic interference warning, you should move well away that spot.

I should have a chance tomorrow to look at ryanvetro’s logs and yours if you post them here.

Thank you, though the guide doesn’t line right up with my iPhone 8 or the version of iTunes I have apparently. Will need to research to figure out how to get them off my phone.

Thank you, though the guide doesn’t line right up with my iPhone 8 or the version of iTunes I have apparently. Will need to research to figure out how to get them off my phone.

What version is your iTunes?

My iTunes on my laptop just updated a few days ago and is at v12.9.0.167. My iPhone 7 and iPhone 5s still connect the same as in earlier versions. Once you select the FlightLog folder, be sure to scroll the right window down to find the Send To button.

Last edited:
Here are the logs. I think the 9/30 latest one (also biggest in size) is when it crashed.

I suspect that like me you fly with the controller. Unfortunately Breeze Cam has a nasty bug that ends the flightlog file as soon as the Controller mode is selected. Yuneec knows it happens, but will not admit such. Every time I bring it up with Customer Support they claim I am the only one that has ever reported it.

The only file that shows your Breeze in the air at all is the Sep 21, 2018 flight at 9:02 PM. It was in Pilot mode without GPS (probably indoors), hovered at about 2 feet for a second or two then landed. All other log files show the Breeze on the ground and no Task (Flight) mode selected.

Contact Yuneec Customer Support and hope for the best.

What version is your iTunes?

My iTunes on my laptop just updated a few days ago and is at v12.9.0.167. My iPhone 7 and iPhone 5s still connect the same as in earlier versions. Once you select the FlightLog folder, be sure to scroll the right window down to find the Send To button.
Just updating to iTunes 12.9. With little to no experience with iTunes, seems not to show file sharing but home sharing. Doesn’t appear to work the same. Still wrestling with it

Norbert,

Read post 8 in this thread, then post your FlightLog files. When you get a magnetic interference warning, you should move well away that spot.

I should have a chance tomorrow to look at ryanvetro’s logs and yours if you post them here.

Attachments

• Norbert Flight Log.zip
    97.1 KB · Views: 2
Got it finally. What is strange about the log, it has 10 flights on it only. Last being 8/26/2018. Since buying it 6/5/2018, I flew it nearly daily, with the purchase of 4 additional batteries, I fly it multiple times a week with 5 flights each evening. The flight log in the Breeze app shows the folder with a latest write date of 9/29/2018 at 8:06 AM. That would be my first flight that morning and last flight when it had the fly away issue. No flight recorded in the log for that flight nor the 5 flights the day before on 9/29/2018. Let me know your thoughts.

Breeze Cam is supposed to record every connection with the Breeze as a FlightLog file. Unfortunately it fails to do so, and Yuneec tries to claim there is not a problem with the app. I still haven’t seen a FlightLog file that shows the Breeze airborne being flown with the B/T controller. See this thread for more info Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs - Your Data is Needed.

I looked at 3 of your flights so far and you used the Pilot mode in all three. Do you always use that mode or do you use the controller also?

More info coming tomorrow.

I flew in pilot mode 90% of the time, my 8 plus does not fit very good in the holder for the controller. I also could not get my controller ever to control the pan the camera up and down. Shooting video, I also felt I had more control using my phone to smoothly move though shots. With a number of pictures and videos taken and still on the Beeze app from 9/27/18 and a number of other dates that the flight log did not capture, there normally is source data embedded on digital files. Have you heard Yuneec requesting these to extract source data as a part of their analysis of reported issues?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital