Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bricked Cgo2+ maybe?

Reaction score
I am having problem with the Cgo2+ camera and I could not find a workable solution.

I bought a unit of Q500+ over a local hobby shop in Edmonton last March. Everything works just great until few days ago where the camera won't record or take photo. The Cgo2+ turns on like normal with the green light but when I start recording or taking photo, it stops responding and won't stop blinking green and blue to the point I had to turn off the Q500+ to turn off the camera. The same scenario happens on the Steady Grip. It works fine until I start recording or taking photo.

I checked the sd card on ST10+ but the fpv video did not record anything more than 0 second but there were files written on the card. Another thing is there were hundreds of duplicated photos as if the take photo button on ST10+ was pressed repeatedly.

FYI: The gimbal works just fine. I can control the pitch using either Steady Grip or ST10+.

I thought flashing the camera firmware would solve the problem so I formatted the sd card, downloaded the 2.8.00 firmware, renamed it to 2.8.02 and pushed the card back into the slot. The camera was blinking purple and it stopped. After rebooting the camera, there was no green light as the instruction says. The only light that came out was a single blink of blue. The gimbal light blinks red, blue and turns to blinking green.

I think I might have bricked the camera. I tried formatting the sd card and repeating the steps but nothing changed. I wanted to send the unit back to local shop where I bought it but I have moved to Malaysia.

If anyone know a way to fix the camera, let me know. I sent Yuneec email and still waiting for the reply. Thanks and much appreciated.

ST10+ on v01b27c
Q500+ on FW1.07

Some thoughts....
Hook up to the GUI and see if you can make a connection to the camera...
Try uploading the older firmware versions first. 1.9.0 seems to work well.
http://hypedphoto.com/q500mods/firmware/cgo2gb_1.9.00_firmware.bin
I don't recall this second but it sure seems like I remember doing a camera update using the wired connection to the camera..... ??? Anyone else have a thought on that ?? I know you can do a "Camera Calibration" in the GUI with a normal connection to the receiver but is there a way to update through the wired camera connection?
Last thought is to check in the transmitter controls and make sure a button's not stuck someplace.
Let us know what you find out and good luck.
Jafo

Thanks for your suggestions.

I hooked up the gimbal to computer using the gimbal adapter lead but nothing happen on GUI as if there were no connection. The only time my computer detects a connection is through the cable at the battery compartment. It shows port COM3. I can calibrate the gimbal and use all the other features just nice.

So I try uploading the following version using the sd card but none work.
cgo2gb_1.9.00_firmware.bin
cgo2gb_1.9.01_fps50_firmware.bin
cgo2gb_1.8.02_fps50_firmware.bin

I tried the cgo2gb_2.8.00_firmware.bin for the last time but it still the same.

As for the ST10+, all buttons works fine. Confirmed using the hardware monitor setup. So I figured out it gotta be the camera problem then. That`s all I know for sure till Yuneec replies me soon.
:(:(:(:(:(

No worries. Thanks for your suggestions anyway. Anything is worth trying at this point.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots