Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bricked ST16 Bad service!

Reaction score
File Jan 10, 10 19 21.jpeg I have a now four month old Typhoon H which from the beginning had issues. called Yuneec and got some answers as to some things I might have been doing wrong. after making corrections the unit sat for a month, so I charged the batteries and headed to the field only to find when I booted up the ST16 it was asking for a pin
which was something I had never seen before. Back to Yuneec with this new problem. They advise me to send the Typhoon and ST16 to Kav service. They Emailed me with progress, and that they could not un brick said ST16. They said that they would replace the four month old unit ,and send it back.When I got my unit back it looked four years old. "Unbelievable" so back to Yuneec with the problem. I bought new I expect new. They said oh well its the warranty policy, and that it might have some marks on it. I am not sure if anyone else has run in to this problem. I do know that I had read about the same bricking problem in the forum from somebody else.I am not sure how to go above the individual I spoke with at Yuneec, but they closed the case, and I am now stuck with a very used ST16.

Attachments

• File Jan 10, 10 20 12.jpeg
    File Jan 10, 10 20 12.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • File Jan 10, 10 20 45.jpeg
    File Jan 10, 10 20 45.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • File Jan 10, 10 21 00.jpeg
    File Jan 10, 10 21 00.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • File Jan 10, 10 21 14.jpeg
    File Jan 10, 10 21 14.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • File Jan 10, 10 21 28.jpeg
    File Jan 10, 10 21 28.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and getting the controller back in that condition is well out of order!

I certainly wish you had posted your problem before sending it to Yuneec. If it was asking for the password you only needed to enter 1234567890. That should have allowed you to connect to the camera.

I certainly wish you had posted your problem before sending it to Yuneec. If it was asking for the password you only needed to enter 1234567890. That should have allowed you to connect to the camera.

I think it was back in jun 2016 rslighting had this same issue. It was as if I even wrote the thread. I did try camera pass,but it was actually locked in the android pad screen ,and asking for a pin code. I hadn't owned the unit long enough to even get familiar with it to even add let alone change any pin. Sad to say Yuneec had an idea as to what I was talking about because they just referred me to send it in.When I talked to Kav service in K.C. their program for debricking units would not fix my 4 month old unit. That's when they they sent me out an old replacement.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and getting the controller back in that condition is well out of order!

Any Ideas how to get any restitution with the Yuneec people. As they were quick to close the case and wash their hand of any responsibility to replace my 4 month old unit with new,.....just a very used one.

View attachment 8226 I have a now four month old Typhoon H which from the beginning had issues. called Yuneec and got some answers as to some things I might have been doing wrong. after making corrections the unit sat for a month, so I charged the batteries and headed to the field only to find when I booted up the ST16 it was asking for a pin
which was something I had never seen before. Back to Yuneec with this new problem. They advise me to send the Typhoon and ST16 to Kav service. They Emailed me with progress, and that they could not un brick said ST16. They said that they would replace the four month old unit ,and send it back.When I got my unit back it looked four years old. "Unbelievable" so back to Yuneec with the problem. I bought new I expect new. They said oh well its the warranty policy, and that it might have some marks on it. I am not sure if anyone else has run in to this problem. I do know that I had read about the same bricking problem in the forum from somebody else.I am not sure how to go above the individual I spoke with at Yuneec, but they closed the case, and I am now stuck with a very used ST16.
You do know that the screen has a protective cover on it in the pictures? Did you remove that to see what the screen looks like under it?

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
You do know that the screen has a protective cover on it in the pictures? Did you remove that to see what the screen looks like under it?

"Oh"? I do know. Out of the box it was the first indicator of usage,of several like the micro USB for charging. looks's like Helen Keller was plugging it up to charge it.
Hope she isn't out flying some where! I have several different RC radios, all being older than this ST16, and none of then look like this. I paid a fair amount of money for this fine piece of equipment, and only being 4, well now 5 month's old the least Yuneec could have done was have Kav replace it new that's all !

Read the warranty that came with your H. It clearly states Yuneec has open options on replacement with new or repaired product. Sorry, but that’s the way it is. Of greater import, does everything work now?

Thanks for the reply PatR: things seem to be fine. I had the 'H' out last weekend for a maiden flight and it flew as expected. I still think though as far as the warranty it could have, and should have been handled a little different. My unit was only several months old, and as to reading it I did, and it seems that they do state it like all warranty's with a bit of gray. they pick and choose and I loose.

Thanks Steve: I did try that pass word, but it was asking for a pin to unlock the android part. that was the screen that came up as I would power up the unit.
After sending the unit to Kav service they informed me that they couldn't de brick the unit. their fix was to replace the ST16. All I did to cause this was top off the charge before a flight.No pin code ever entered or changed. No Google account added.

Thanks Steve: I did try that pass word, but it was asking for a pin to unlock the android part. that was the screen that came up as I would power up the unit.
After sending the unit to Kav service they informed me that they couldn't de brick the unit. their fix was to replace the ST16. All I did to cause this was top off the charge before a flight.No pin code ever entered or changed. No Google account added.
Ah, okay thanks for clarifying. At least the unit seems to be working. Hope you can get back to some flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss