Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flipping while landing

Reaction score
I know there have been many discussions on the topic of the H flipping while trying to land. I personally had never had this happen until recently. My drones have been put away for some time, along with the ground stations in a temperature-controlled environment. I get them out of storage, do a complete check of everything, charge the batteries, calibrate everything, and before connecting a camera to the bottom of the drone I do a test flight. While landing I always take my fingers off the right stick and pull the throttle down and hold it. My first four or five landings were perfect. So I attach my camera, do a quick flight, record some video, and upon landing the H decides to race the throttle and flip. I own four of these drones and two of the four are doing this, so far. I haven't tried the other two. I also have not tried using a different ground station but I wanted to reach out to the community and see if I am missing anything. I am running out of props. lol

I know there have been many discussions on the topic of the H flipping while trying to land. I personally had never had this happen until recently. My drones have been put away for some time, along with the ground stations in a temperature-controlled environment. I get them out of storage, do a complete check of everything, charge the batteries, calibrate everything, and before connecting a camera to the bottom of the drone I do a test flight. While landing I always take my fingers off the right stick and pull the throttle down and hold it. My first four or five landings were perfect. So I attach my camera, do a quick flight, record some video, and upon landing the H decides to race the throttle and flip. I own four of these drones and two of the four are doing this, so far. I haven't tried the other two. I also have not tried using a different ground station but I wanted to reach out to the community and see if I am missing anything. I am running out of props. lol
Some flights good, some flights bad. Two drones having the same problem when operated by the same controller certainly suggests a common cause. Either Human or intermittent controller issue. Your post did not mention the rabbit/turtle position, but otherwise seems to eliminate human error as much of a contender. That would leave corrosion on the left stick as an easy speculation. But there are other possibilities. Rather than waste time chasing speculation, the flight logs are more likely to lead to a definitive answer.

This is the link to the instructions:

Last edited:
Try my friend, as you land the aircraft ...
As you throttle all the way down ; simultaneously press the red power down/ off button! It works for me !
Or if your drone has a RTH option ...
Allocate the RTH and allow the drone to land successfully and power off !
These two options work for me especially with my H920 and this the hplus...
Try this out my friend
Hope this helps... Plmk
Thankyou
Happy Safe Flights

JohnnyDrone

Try my friend, as you land the aircraft ...
As you throttle all the way down ; simultaneously press the red power down/ off button! It works for me !
Or if your drone has a RTH option ...
Allocate the RTH and allow the drone to land successfully and power off !
These two options work for me especially with my H920 and this the hplus...
Try this out my friend
Hope this helps... Plmk
Thankyou
Happy Safe Flights

JohnnyDrone
That is what I do I shut down when the drone is six inches or so from ground on my q500 and H and it typically works fine.

Reactions: JohnnyDrone777
Hey, this is Khan. Could you please upload the log file to Flight Review and share the link here? I'd like to take a look at the log.

additionally; make sure always check that the altitude is set to zero before taking off. It's best to turn on the drone at the location where you intend to fly, rather than turning it on beforehand on the car hood or table and then placing it somewhere else to fly. Otherwise, the drone may mistakenly think it's already at zero altitude when it's actually still half a meter above the ground. These types of user errors happen quite frequently.

Hey, this is Khan. Could you please upload the log file to Flight Review and share the link here? I'd like to take a look at the log.
The log files from the Typhoon H are not compatible with PX4 Flight Review.

additionally; make sure always check that the altitude is set to zero before taking off. It's best to turn on the drone at the location where you intend to fly, rather than turning it on beforehand on the car hood or table and then placing it somewhere else to fly. Otherwise, the drone may mistakenly think it's already at zero altitude when it's actually still half a meter above the ground. These types of user errors happen quite frequently.
The Typhoon H does not rely on the altimeter to determine landing altitude. That barometric altimeter is only for a reference of altitude compared to takeoff point.

The landing and idle down sequence relies on the IMU detecting the aircraft being relatively level and the lack of downward movement with full down throttle applied. If the Rate Slider is in the Turtle position, the signal for full down throttle can be restricted to the point that the motors do not idle down and the aircraft remains buoyant. In this condition wind or movement in pitch , roll, or yaw can cause the aircraft to skip, skitter, and flip. It is best to land with the Rate Slider in the Rabbit position so full signal output is available during takeoff/landing.

Remedies are doing the accelerometer calibration after a lengthy storage period, ensuring the sticks are clean and following manual inputs when viewed in the Hardware Monitor, and lastly a proper calibration of the ST16 if full signal range is not available after cleaning the stick potentiometers.

I've learned something new again! Thank you.
The ulog (ulg) files from the flight controller onboard the H+, H520, and H3 can be utilized in PX4 Flight Review.

Reactions: h-elsner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook