Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bricked ST16s Recovery

My Plus controller got caught in a loop during boot and repeated attempts to resolve it failed. It was obvious the FlightMode app was corrupted. However, it can't be reinstalled unless the ST16 is booted.
Thanks to @Haydn and @Peggy for several suggestions, I was able to find a method of getting to the Android Settings to reset the controller.

Recover ST16s for H Plus

Access the update file for the Controller
TYPHOONHPLUS_CONTROLLER_1.1.01_BUILDxxx_xxxxxx.yuneec
Change the file extenstion from yuneec to zip.
Extract the file: update.zip

Access App
TYPHOONHPLUS_APP_1.0.08_BUILDxxx_xxxxxx.yuneec
Change the file extenstion from yuneec to zip.
Extract the file: Yuneec-App-Release.apk

Copy Update.zip and Yuneec-App-Release.apk to a micro sd card.
Install the card in the ST16.
Turn on the ST16, wait for the Yuneec logo to time out, press and hold the center
button before the second Yuneec logo appears. Continue to hold until the splash
screen appears. Tap the screen a few times and a popup menu will come up. It has
2 options: Upgrade or Launch. Press and hold Launch and an android screen will
open. Sweep your finger down at the upper right hand corner. Select Settings.
Scroll down to Reset and select Factory Reset.
The controller will process the reset and then will reboot. When it boots back up
it will find the Update.zip file and will execute the file. Then it will reboot again
and come up to the Pad screen. Open Pad, Settings and change the security setting
for external storage to allow the files to run on the sd card.
Open file manager and access the files on the card. Select the .apk file and select install.
After it installs reboot the ST16 and it should open to the flightmode screen. Then run the
firmware updates.

View attachment 15031View attachment 15032View attachment 15034View attachment 15036View attachment 15035View attachment 15038
Thank you Steve. I'm back up and running had to hit a few other windows but I got it.
my email to Yuneec replied to bring it to a Bestbuy in the US for repair. I guess the Canadian Bestbuy's are no good

Reactions: Steve Carr
Which steps did I miss? I did that post mostly from memory so I may have missed a few.

I can’t remember exactly but some screens I got to weren’t the same. Anyway just got back home and controller can’t see drone. Have to bind again I guess. I saw it this morning but now can’t find it. It’s my advanced age I guess.
At least the remote works that’s a step.

That was my excuse as well.

Well I’ve tried everything.
Can bind to camera but not to drone. Did get ST16S working again but she’s all alone in this world. When I get the camera on the screen can see drone battery level, distance and elevation but can’t turn or pivot. Back lights flashing blue. When I try to bind drone says no rc found.
Any clues ?

Did you try to turn the H on it's back and then upright again? Then try binding.

Well I’ve tried everything.
Can bind to camera but not to drone. Did get ST16S working again but she’s all alone in this world. When I get the camera on the screen can see drone battery level, distance and elevation but can’t turn or pivot. Back lights flashing blue. When I try to bind drone says no rc found.
Any clues ?

I wonder if should start from scratch with memory card boot and bind before firmware update.

Never have time after work to do much. Flipped over and blinking green. Worked like a charm. Can't believe it was that easy. I wonder why when I told yuneec same trouble only suggested to send it to them.
Thanks a ton Steve.
Did you try to turn the H on it's back and then upright again? Then try binding.

Since today, i have the same problem with my st16s.
My Plus controller got caught in a loop during boot and repeated attempts to resolve it failed.

Where can i find the next file? =>TYPHOONHPLUS_CONTROLLER_1.1.01_BUILDxxx_xxxxxx.yuneec

Is there another way to solve this very frustrating problem?

Thanks guys!!!

Kurt

hallo Steve

Bedankt! Ik deed dat, maar ik kan het apk-bestand niet installeren. Al mijn bestanden zijn grijs ...
Hoe ontgrendel ik de beveiligingsinstellingen?

Thanks!!! I did that, but I can't install the apk file. All my files are grayed out ...
How do I unlock the security settings?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i did that, but i can not install the apk-file. All my files are grey on the controller
How can i unlock the security?

Thanks!!

i installed the apk file, but the same problem occurs.
The app starts up for 2 seconds, shuts down, starts up, shuts down,......

hello steve

Thanks for the help!
I did that but the same problem occurs.........
i dont know what to do.......:(:(:(

@kurtdr
Dit is een vertaling van de volledige procedure van @ Steve Carr. Hij zit momenteel niet op zijn normale computer, dus bood ik aan om te helpen.

Recover ST16s voor H Plus
Toegang tot de update-bestand voor de Controller
Verander het bestand extensie van “Yuneec” naar “ zip ” .
Pak het bestand uit: update.zip
Access App
Verander het bestand extensie van “ yuneec ” naar “ zip ” .
Pak het bestand uit: “ Yuneec-app- Release.apk ”
(Of deze link gebruiken om het downloaden apk -bestand: Yuneec-App-Release.apk )
Copy Update.zip en “ Yuneec-app- Release.apk ” naar een micro SD -kaart.
Installeer de kaart in de ST16.
Schakel de ST16 in, wacht tot het Yuneec-logo een time-out heeft en houd de middelste
knop ingedrukt voordat het tweede Yuneec-logo verschijnt. Blijf
ingedrukt houden totdat het splash- scherm verschijnt. Tik een paar keer op het scherm en er verschijnt een pop-upmenu. Het heeft
2 opties: Upgrade of Launch. Houd Start ingedrukt en een Android-scherm wordt
geopend. Veeg met je vinger naar beneden in de rechterbovenhoek. Selecteer instellingen.
Blader omlaag naar Reset en selecteer Factory Reset.
De controller zal de reset verwerken en vervolgens opnieuw opstarten. Wanneer het opstart
, zal het het bestand Update.zip vinden en het bestand uitvoeren. Daarna zal het opnieuw opstarten
en naar het Pad-scherm komen. Open Pad, Instellingen en wijzig de beveiligingsinstelling
voor externe opslag zodat de bestanden op de SD- kaart kunnen worden uitgevoerd.
Open bestandsbeheer en open de bestanden op de kaart. Selecteer de . apk- bestand en selecteer installeren.
Nadat het is geïnstalleerd, start u de ST16 opnieuw op en moet deze worden geopend naar het scherm " flightmode " . Voer vervolgens de
firmware-updates uit.

Re-translation of above:
@kurtdr
This is a translation of the entire @ Steve Carr procedure. He is not currently on his normal computer, so I offered to help.

Recover ST16s for H Plus
Access the update file for the Controller
Change the file extension from "Yuneec" to "zip".
Extract the file: update.zip
Access App
Change the file extension from "yuneec" to "zip".
Extract the file: "Yuneec-app- Release.apk"
(Or use this link to download the apk file: Yuneec-App-Release.apk )
Copy Update.zip and "Yuneec-app Release.apk" to a micro SD card.
Install the card in the ST16.
Switch on the ST16, wait for the Yuneec logo to time out and hold the middle one
button before the second Yuneec logo appears. Stay
hold until the splash screen appears. Tap the screen a few times and a pop-up menu will appear. It has
2 options: Upgrade or Launch. Hold Start and an Android screen appears
opened. Swipe your finger down in the upper right corner. Select settings.
Scroll down to Reset and select Factory Reset.
The controller will process the reset and then restart. When it starts up
, it will find the Update.zip file and execute the file. Then it will restart
and come to the pad screen. Open Path, Settings and change the security setting
for external storage so that the files can be executed on the SD card.
Open file manager and open the files on the card. Select the. apk file and select install.
After it has been installed, restart the ST16 and it must be opened to the "flight mode" screen. Then enter thefirmware updates.

Link to the original @Steve Carr Instructions in English:
"Bricked ST16s Recovery"

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver
hi steve

i did a reset and installed the flightmode app.
It works!!!!!
Now i do the software updates??

i will tell you if that works!!

Very very much thanks mate!!

greetings
Kurt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member