Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Broke Antenna

Reaction score
Long story short, I took the body off my Q500+ to paint it. I forgot about the antenna running down the landing gear and broke it. Anyone know where I can purchase just the antenna wire? Or, what parts and instructions I need to make a new one? I'm very mechanically inclined, but not sure on the names of these parts or where to get them. Thanks.

It's really small COAX cable. Difficult for me to work with, but I did manage to separate the outer mesh, twist into a wire, and solder/insulate both inner and outer wires. Covered up the mess with some shrink wrap, and it seems to work as well as any other. It will do until you find a new one.

I only did a quick search, here is a basic cable. This cable doesn't have the coils, but maybe can give you a clue of what to look for. I tried to insert a link, but the link wouldn't work. This is the item title from Ebay.

"5x Receiver Antenna 15cm Replacement for JR FRSKY RC Helicopter RECIEVERS"

Maybe someone else will post the correct ID on the cable for Typhoon, and a source.

I did end up splicing it together by soldering it. It looks like crap since I had to pull the woven part of the coax away from the middle wire and sheath. It has worked for some time now, but I would like a permanent fix. I'm sure what I have on there right now is causing some kind of signal loss.

I don't have an eBay account. My PayPal has been hacked twice, so I go rid of it.

I did watch a YouTube tutorial earlier that explained all that stuff. That's why I asked above if I could buy that one cable, cut the end off, and strip back 30mm of the outer part. It didn't explain why like this article did, which I'm glad I read now. I have a much better understanding of how it works. Thanks again man.

Reactions: Steve Carr
My new antennas came in the mail today. What is this on the stock antenna, and is it important?

Well, that was a waste of $8. Wrong end.
Oh no. Was it different than the connector shown on the website?

DSC03746_394x.jpg

Just to fill anyone in who might bump into this issue.

I contacted Yuneec, who told me they don't sell just the antenna (which I expected), but I needed to order the whole receiver and 2 antennas. No problem. The part number that they gave me is YUNQ500107SVC. That is the part number for the 4K version. Every online store that I visited, it says right under it that this part is NOT compatible with the Q500+. I explained that to the Yuneec sales lady, who confirmed with their tech guy that it would work. I found a brand new receiver from an online store for $29.99 + shipping. I told the guy my story, and he walked to the warehouse while I was on hold to check. He did say it looked different than the Q500+ Google images. I ordered it anyways. I got the new receiver in the mail and it is definitely different that what my Q500+ has in it. I ended up robbing the antenna from it and just using it on my old receiver. It works great. So, long story short, I bought a $29.99 + shipping antenna. I guess the plus side to it is, I have another antenna laying around. Haha.

I'm pretty sure either will work, but not absolutely certain. The attached drawing shows both. I have at least one Q500 that has the older board, and don't recall seeing any difference in performance. However, the drone with the pre-4K receiver doesn't use the "GUI Tap".
Since you already had both, trust me, I would have done just as you did, and only swapped the antenna wire. To "err on the safe side" ain't a problem when dealing with conflicting information. Especially when it doesn't cost anything extra.
Good to hear it worked out.
Tom B.Receiver Connections.jpg

Last edited:
That's the first time I've seen this diagram. Thanks. Well, maybe I have a spare receiver too. Lol. Again, thanks for your offer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval