Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Broken Arm Question

Reaction score
I have a question... I broke a rotor arm today. Just the arm. Nothing else was damaged. It really doesn't seem to need an entire arm assembly. Just the tube. It looks to me that I can use the upper landing gear leg (far cheaper to buy) and modify it a bit. (I think it'll need a bit of shortening).
Think it possible?

On a related note. Is anyone have a problem with GPS in the POI setting?

I have a question... I broke a rotor arm today. Just the arm. Nothing else was damaged. It really doesn't seem to need an entire arm assembly. Just the tube. It looks to me that I can use the upper landing gear leg (far cheaper to buy) and modify it a bit. (I think it'll need a bit of shortening).
Think it possible?

On a related note. Is anyone have a problem with GPS in the POI setting?
The arms are really inexpensive so I'd go for the exact replacement part.

What issues are you having with GPS & POI?

Hi Captain-

The landing gear is $9.99 the replacement arm is $49.99.

As for GPS in POI. Twice I've tried POI and twice I've lost GPS and crashed.
I'd love to use POI but It's getting expensive.

The material for the landing gear and arm is really thin. Cutting it to size may damage it. The $49 part comes with the motor I believe... thought there was a much cheaper version.

How is the "H" crashing by losing GPS? If it loses GPS it still continues to fly and not fall from the sky, although it will drift. Is it drifting into objects?

So what happened is...I set it to center point and then to outer perimeter. Started it. For about 30 feet everything was fine, then it started spinning wildly. Noticed on the screen that it had lost GPS so I stopped POI and tried to regain control. Managed to get control. I was bringing it down steady and it just lost control again. Started spinning and losing altitude and finally fell through a tree.

Were you in smart mode?

So what happened is...I set it to center point and then to outer perimeter. Started it. For about 30 feet everything was fine, then it started spinning wildly. Noticed on the screen that it had lost GPS so I stopped POI and tried to regain control. Managed to get control. I was bringing it down steady and it just lost control again. Started spinning and losing altitude and finally fell through a tree.
Almost sounds like the compass went out of whack.

Some of these auto pilot apps need to be done in smart mode

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval