Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bubbles in Glass

Reaction score
I recieved some ND filters today and excitedly went to put one on.
After taking what appears to be a cheap UV filter off I noticed what appears to be tiny bubbles in the Glass. I have had my drone for 1 month and am very disappointed in the quality control of this. I never noticed any artifacts in my photos or video. Has anyone else seen this before?20190601_161130.jpeg

Your post is the first time I have heard of any such issue. It's difficult to see the bubbles in the pic because of the reflections but it's certainly work contacting Yuneec. I would ask if they will cross-ship just the camera.

Have you cleaned the lens? If so it could be dust specks on the back side of the lens.

I can understand the disappointment of something not being right. When something like this happens to me I weigh the option of a warranty claim -and all the down-time and effort that involves, against how badly do I want it fixed -and/or can I fix it myself.

I tend to agree with @Phaedrus. I have some old SLR lenses I still use with my DSLR that have minor defects that look much worse than your lens. Even though they look pretty bad to the eye, the photos are still perfect. ...Bottom line is the quality of the image, not what the lens looks like.

Reactions: Euphered and 10-8
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.
I will see if thay can replace just the camera. If not then since I do not notice it in my video or pics I will leave it alone. They almost look like little pin holes but the glass on the outside is smooth. Sorry about the glare in the attached picture.

Again, if there is no visible degradation to your images why would you be concerned about it. Honestly, from your photo I cannot see what you are talking about.

Sorry you cannot see what is there. Maybe the photo I posted is not good. My concern was about the quality of glass on my c23. It obviously has some defect that, even though does not seem to be affecting my video and photos, has me worried about the small pin hole looking bubbles in the glass. I am not a professional photographer so I do not have the experience to tell if it is something that I should be more concerned with, hence the post.

Your camera generates great pictures yet you are disappointed you don’t have Zeiss quality glass. My rifle scopes don’t provide Nightforce or Leupold quality images but that’s because I did not want to pay the higher price.

Your problem does not seem to be one with glass quality.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig