Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Burned out motor in Hubsan H107C

Reaction score
OK, so I got Hubsan to fly while waiting for my H to come. I was flying in the house in a large open room. I had the prop guard on. I had a few minor crashes but one motor stopped working. I tried recalibrating with no luck.

So, I ordered more motors and props. My question is what's a decent soldering iron and what kind of solder should I get to solder the motor leads to the board?

It's a $30 drone and I just bought parts for $20. So, I kind of don't want to spend a fortune fixing it. Thanks!

I would look for a digital temp control iron. I got one from Radio Shack a couple years ago and it has paid for itself many times over with repairing a few pellet stove pot switch controls. Manufacture wants one to buy a whole board instead of providing a replacement for the $4 part. Turn the temp down to shrink heat shrink tubing to make for pro repairs, turn it up a bit to remove board components and draw off old solder. If one does any kind of car or truck wiring soldering makes for positive lasting connections.
A freestanding magnifier with light is suggested for smaller projects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz