Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 switch replacement fun !

Reaction score
Years of working electronics didnt prepare me for something the maker never intended any body to work on.
had one board only needed one off/on/off switch.
had one board all it had on it was the switch needed.
easy job,un solder two switches and solder the good one back in..
four hours later,,,,,,,,,,,,,
have to use oem switch,the pins are not center but align the side.
the pins have crimped on brass barrels, ( seen this before) ..
the traces for the switch are on the same side of the board as the switch.
when the pins are soldered on the backside of the board the solder travels up the brass barrel to the trace under the switch.
un soldering can/did lift the traces. two out of three.
i meter traced each pole of the switch to the cable connector.
that has no place to solder to as the pins dont go all the way thru the board and the trace is under the connector.
jumper wires and a mag glass got it done..
the smell of burned fingers and burned plastic trying to get a small tip into the connector i am used to.
the melted two pin connector no problem as the other end was long ago broken and gone.
so tweezers to push the wires on and hot glue a second time fastened every thing.
meter checked everything and pulling and yanking insured all fastening would hold.
installed and some FUGLY looking but hardware manager showed everything working properly :)
this repair should not even be attempted...four hours of work..
for a 1/2 blind old man with the tremors,,a lot of work.
20211127_165458.jpg

20211128_172015.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
I've not tried it. And glad I haven't. I think at least some of the parts are machine assembled.

Jobs done,,hardware monitor says all good.
when i got these two there was screws missing so they dont all match :)
thanks to members sending parts and giving suggestions and publishing info and pix i took two non working,,one couldnt get past login password,controllers,and lubed and greased and tweeked,,archives show some places to go that are scary :). and tuned and adjusted so that i am confident both are A1 now..
maybe update firmware ? :)

20211129_191814.jpg

one is,one is not..
the one i do fly i updated the controller and now i get a notice camera needs updating..
will be dealing with that soon..
need to search and research first.
Post screen shot of the About controller screen with that camera connected. That will show us the firmware versions for aircraft, camera, gimbal, and RealSense if you have that. That will allow us to recommend the easiest way to do an update.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Post screen shot of the About controller screen with that camera connected. That will show us the firmware versions for aircraft, camera, gimbal, and RealSense if you have that. That will allow us to recommend the easiest way to do an update.
thank you .. will get to that soon as i can..

Nice work. By all means you should make sure the firmware is the latest but I'm guessing it is.

View attachment 27097
Steve, I've just checked mine and I have no version number for the Autopilot or Gimbal - but I may also be using a new model - that I bound it with last year or the year before. But, it still works ok. Should I be concerned or look at it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me