Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buying your "H" from overseas?

Reaction score
As I looked at buying overseas myself, this is what I found about UAV's.
It seems when units are imported they are checked for regulatory compliance in the country in which they are sold. For example, in the US it's the FAA regulations they have to comply with. They generally have a sticker on the TX showing its been done. Here in Oz it's CASA. If I buy here and have any sort of problem with a crash and subsequent damage to property, the first thing they check is if the unit is compliant.... With CASA approved its called a "C tick" sticker.
If you bought it overseas, and imported it personally, you then have to prove personally that the Chinese, German or whatever, compliance details are acceptable in your own country. Don't get me wrong, what's acceptable in one country maybe OK in another, it's just that the onus is on you as the "importer" to prove it.
That, I would imagine, involve the legal fraternity somewhere along the line, and that to me spells money.
Just pointing out that what appears a cheaper or faster alternative, may not be worth it.
These are the rules as far as I can ascertain, but it would be a good idea to check out your own situation.

Last edited:
It seems when units are imported they are checked for regulatory compliance in the country in which they are sold. For example, in the US it's the FAA regulations they have to comply with. They generally have a sticker on the TX showing its been done. Here in Oz it's CASA. If I buy here and have any sort of problem with a crash and subsequent damage to property, the first thing they check is if the unit is compliant.... With CASA approved its called a "C tick" sticker.
If you bought it overseas, and imported it personally, you then have to prove personally that the Chinese, German or whatever, compliance details are acceptable in your own country. Don't get me wrong, what's acceptable in one country maybe OK in another, it's just that the onus is on you as the "importer" to prove it.
That, I would imagine, involve the legal fraternity somewhere along the line, and that to me spells money.
Just pointing out that what appears a cheaper or faster alternative, may not be worth it.
These are the rules as far as I can ascertain, but it would be a good idea to check out your own situation.
If I buy it and give it to you for free and ship it to you as a gift, would that be okay ! LOL ! I think OZ and USA are on the same level with import regulations. But you do have a point !. I have never seen a sticker on my Phantoms or Controller? Although I think I have seen the P4 has US/UK/EUR on the box going out to each country.

If I buy it and give it to you for free and ship it to you as a gift, would that be okay ! LOL ! I think OZ and USA are on the same level with import regulations. But you do have a point !. I have never seen a sticker on my Phantoms or Controller? Although I think I have seen the P4 has US/UK/EUR on the box going out to each country.

In fact I think from memory.... The FAA tends to he even more restrictive with regulations than CASA. So things may not be so bad. Also regarding buying in Oz.... The last copter I bought here didn't have any stickers from CASA on it anywhere.

Anyway will have to wait and see I guess.

Cheers :cool:

In fact I think from memory.... The FAA tends to he even more restrictive with regulations than CASA. So things may not be so bad. Also regarding buying in Oz.... The last copter I bought here didn't have any stickers from CASA on it anywhere.

Anyway will have to wait and see I guess.

I agree, did you read about HarveyC, his dealer emailed him stating he was notified to pick up his H's at a California warehouse and that he would ship his H next Monday ! Lucky Dog!. My dealer
still has not clue whats going down !

I agree, did you read about HarveyC, his dealer emailed him stating he was notified to pick up his H's at a California warehouse and that he would ship his H next Monday ! Lucky Dog!. My dealer
still has not clue whats going down !

Yeah saw that.... That's why I am still thinking that I will order from Carolina Dronz. Unless my local dealer confirms that he is definitely getting stock (Yes I didn't pre-order due to other requirements).... Then that may be where I go. CD (via email from Frank) has confirmed that all servicing /warranty issues and work is covered by an Oz dealer.

Reactions: DroneClone
Chris, If you buy overseas and the OZ Patrol hassels you, tell them this !
Interesting from a few angles, pardon the pun.
Firstly I'm impressed with our pilot's knowledge of the law, but not sure, unless you're making a movie on the subject, why you'd want to overfly a Police facility to start with, and not sure why they'd be comfortable with that. Also, a bit concerned he's flying right beside a 4 lane highway, and directly above and around power lines. But great little clip all the same.

I agree Chris, I do not support this guys actions to fly in a public area and definitely over a police station, for what? I believe he was just trying to test the law or aggravate an officer, something I would stay miles away from. Just shows how much more everyone(Including) myself, needs to be educated on the regulations and make sure we fly respectfully of everyone involved.
WARNING: I DO NOT ADVOCATE HARASSMENT OF PEACE OFFICERS, NOR DO I APPROVE OF HARASSMENT OF PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO FLY RESPONSIBLY, AND HE WAS NOT FLYING NOR ACTING RESPONSIBLE(IN MY MIND)

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Hi all,

Just wanted to post an update ....

As you know I am still debating my purchase but have basically settled on the H as my preference. However, as things stand with deliveries (and let's face it, the Aussie dealers appear to be either getting screwed .... or something else is causing the delays down under) the overseas online purchase is looking more and more the way to go.

So, with that in mind I am still leaning towards purchasing with Carolina Dronz and I decided to contact CASA direct (I am in Government Service and so have a few "inside" contacts) and check to see if there were indeed any issues with buying something like the H overseas, having it shipped into the country and then operating it here.

I got in contact with one of the CASA Drone guys and .... to make a long story short .... there are no issues. As the 'H' is in the sub 2 kg class, no checks, no stickers, no issues. I especially asked about Chris' example and what might happen in that event .... and the advice I got was that regardless of place of purchase it would make no difference to any investigation, if there was to be one.

Anyway .... just wanted to post the information that I obtained.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval