Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23/E90 camera repairs

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm curious how many people have sent their camera in for repair and the outcome of that repair.
Please share your experience with the problem you had with the camera and the outcome of the repair.

I'm curious how many people have sent their camera in for repair and the outcome of that repair.
Please share your experience with the problem you had with the camera and the outcome of the repair.

Guess I’ll be the first to reply:

Sent my c23 into vertigo drones a week and a half ago, got it back yesterday and it had the same issue as when I sent it in. Cost me $259 for diagnosis, labor and a slip ring plate. Just got off the phone with them today and sent them video(again) of the issue. Hopefully they makes things right.

The issue:

When the drone is moving, or swinging around in a certain direction, the camera/Gimble will follow the path of the drone looking in same direction as the front nose, and when the drone stops turning the Gimble will continue to move in that direction and overcompensate for half a second, it will then finally stop moving and then swing back the other way a half inch or so. So the video appears as though it’s very sloppy movements with continuous movement.

Does that make sense?

After they did repairs I called them and asked what was wrong with the camera. I wanted to determine if I had done something or if the camera (fairly recent purchase) came to me like that. I don’t remember when the problem started to be honest, and I just sort of noticed it one day after receiving a second c23 that didn’t act like that. It would stop dead in its tracks when the drone stopped turning. Anyway, I wanted to know if I should get reimbursed from the seller I bought from. When I spoke with them I told them it doesn’t make sense that the issue I was having would have to do with “a crimped slip ring” (their explanation).

So we’ll see what happens. Incidentally, I was in contact with WTFD the whole time and told him I predict they won’t fix the issue....and sure enough, it wasn’t fixed.

Sorry for the long reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will also send in a few days my C23 to Yuneec Germany for repair.
The cause: excessive jello on video.
Tried all solutions (firmware downgrade, new genuine dampers, modded dampers), nothing.

With genuine dampers:
With modded (foam) dampers:

Will post results when I get it back.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I will also send in a few days my C23 to Yuneec Germany for repair.
The cause: excessive jello on video.
Tried all solutions (firmware downgrade, new genuine dampers, modded dampers), nothing.

With genuine dampers:
With modded (foam) dampers:

Will post results when I get it back.
Please change your permissions on YouTube so the video will show.

Dont forget yuneec skins, and you can check with WTFD for camera repair, (wtfd, did mine and alls good)

Guess I’ll be the first to reply:

Sent my c23 into vertigo drones a week and a half ago, got it back yesterday and it had the same issue as when I sent it in. Cost me $259 for diagnosis, labor and a slip ring plate. Just got off the phone with them today and sent them video(again) of the issue. Hopefully they makes things right.

The issue:

When the drone is moving, or swinging around in a certain direction, the camera/Gimble will follow the path of the drone looking in same direction as the front nose, and when the drone stops turning the Gimble will continue to move in that direction and overcompensate for half a second, it will then finally stop moving and then swing back the other way a half inch or so. So the video appears as though it’s very sloppy movements with continuous movement.

Does that make sense?

After they did repairs I called them and asked what was wrong with the camera. I wanted to determine if I had done something or if the camera (fairly recent purchase) came to me like that. I don’t remember when the problem started to be honest, and I just sort of noticed it one day after receiving a second c23 that didn’t act like that. It would stop dead in its tracks when the drone stopped turning. Anyway, I wanted to know if I should get reimbursed from the seller I bought from. When I spoke with them I told them it doesn’t make sense that the issue I was having would have to do with “a crimped slip ring” (their explanation).

So we’ll see what happens. Incidentally, I was in contact with WTFD the whole time and told him I predict they won’t fix the issue....and sure enough, it wasn’t fixed.

Sorry for the long reply.

Conclusion to my tale:

Vertigo drones made things right. Just wanted to update my post.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Yes. Both videos are now displayed.
The second video looks very good with the modded dampers. I could see no Jello effect. What mod did you use?
I've used foam on 4 original C23 dampers (after removing the gel and cleaning them), the result it is much better than the stock ones but I can still see jello (very little but it is there, you have to focus on vertical surfaces like house walls and chimneys to spot it). The gimbal also started making a vibrating noise when set to pan mode and turning the knob quickly to the right; doing that, the gimbal emits a vibrating noise that won't go away unless I tilt the camera 90 degrees down and then up.

I do not remember exactly when the issue appeared but I believe it was somewhere between build 784 and 809/819 updates. My H Plus has less than 18 hours flight time in 2 years (since July 2018 when I bought it) and the last time I've flown it was back in November 2019 (we had a windy winter and then came the Covid-19 lockdown in Greece, so no flights). You can imagine my frustration and dissapointment after waiting for so long to fly, to experience this which was not fixable no matter what I did (I usually got rid of the jello by downgrading gimbal f/w to 652 and then upgrading to current version), so I took the bite and contacted support (I am out of warranty for one month). Now, my C23 is in Germany and I am waiting for their evaluation. Their first response was that the technician could not spot the jello but he did not fly the C23 yet; the jello appears ONLY when the aircraft is hovering (when moving either side, the jello dissapears).

Of course I also did compass calibration, changed blades, calibrated the ST16S, nothing helped to fix the issue.

The gimbal also started making a vibrating noise
The vibration or buzz can usually be fixed rather quickly using the file created by Yuneec.

Reactions: Mike Irish
The vibration or buzz can usually be fixed rather quickly using the file created by Yuneec.
Tried that also, it did not help at all.
This file is the gimbal firmware build 784.

I really tried everything before contacting support.

Update from my C23 support case with Yuneec Europe:

The technician told me today that he closed the case as he could not reproduce the problem with my C23; however, he replaced my C23 with a new one in good faith as my C23 was practically brand-new (my H Plus has less than 18 hours total flight time). The replacement C23 is on it's way from Germany to Greece (via land transportation method), so I will post more information when it arrives here (it could take over 10 days).

Hope the replacement one works well as having jello on a machine like the H Plus is very annoying.
Top marks to Yuneec Europe from me (I bought the H Plus from their shop on July 2018)!

Update for my C23 support case with Yuneec Europe.

The new C23 arrived yesterday and it is indeed brand-new (different serial number, new camera with lens sticker on) as it does not have the (really small but noticeable) marks on it's case (my original C23 came with them but did not affect it's operation). Flew it with my Typhoon H+, perfect footage without jello. The camera has also the latest Build 822 firmware, so everything was perfect right out of the box.

I have to give extra credit to Yuneec Europe for their professional attention to the case; although my machine was out of warranty, they've replaced the C23 with a new one. This is something you do not get from other companies (in particular dji which I had to deal with them in the past), I do not know if it had to do with the fact that I bought my drone from them but for me they came through with flying colors.

Last edited:
Nice to hear about success story.

I thought my issue was resolved with vertigo drones but it's been about 3 weeks now and have yet to receive my refund. Just opened a case with PayPal
Update for my C23 support case with Yuneec Europe.

The new C23 arrived yesterday and it is indeed brand-new (different serial number, new camera with lens sticker on) as it does not have the (really small but noticeable) marks on it's case (my original C23 came with them but did not affect it's operation). Flew it with my Typhoon H+, perfect footage without jello. The camera has also the latest Build 822 firmware, so everything was perfect right out of the box.

I have to give extra credit to Yuneec Europe for their professional attention to the case; although my machine was out of warranty, they've replaced the C23 with a new one. This is something you do not get from other companies (in particular dji which I had to deal with them in the past), I do not know if it had to do with the fact that I bought my drone from them but for me they came through with flying colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval