Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 gel dampers

Yes, it is very weird! I now generally consider that if they are stretched out all the time, then they need replacing. They should just be below the limit when the camera is just hanging there. The worst bit is when you have to do a compass calibration, spinning the drone over itself ends up stretching out all the dampers a lot - that's probably what does the damage.

They will leak if squeezed too hard; you need to be extra careful whilst fitting them, which never seems to get any easier. (I use the blunt, rounded end of a paint brush for that.)

The new H520E uses more of the dampers, presumably because of this.

Yuneec just aren't very good at doing the minor upgrades and design improvements that all products need. The camera tilt switch on the ST16 controllers (top left) is, still a 3-way switch when it should be a 2-way! Any normal manufacturer would have changed that when renewing their stock! Makes you wonder how the company is run.

Wow. Thanks for posting those replies. Whisperit and johnnyb57, I ordered rubber dampers for the e90 and they look identical in size, but I swear they're impossible to get on. I'm gonna try the rubber bands. They look perfect. Just got to find those same ones.

I was also wondering about filters. I ordered a hoya

40.5 mm uv thinking it would provide better light scatter blocking than the included filter - for use with the screw adapter, but when on the camera it seems to throw it off balance because of the weight. The camera drops down before turning on instead of up. Would this cause any problem in flight with the camera operation or balance?

You know there is no need to have the camera attached when doing a compass calibration... as well, it will save wear and tear on the gimbal motors as they attempt to compensate for the spinning during calibration. Removal of the camera before calibration will eliminate both issues.
That's an awesome idea. Can't believe I didn't think of it (duhh).

That's an awesome idea. Can't believe I didn't think of it (duhh).
Make sure you read post #10 in this thread before you attempt that.

Wow. Thanks for posting those replies. Whisperit and johnnyb57, I ordered rubber dampers for the e90 and they look identical in size, but I swear they're impossible to get on. I'm gonna try the rubber bands. They look perfect. Just got to find those same ones.

I was also wondering about filters. I ordered a hoya
As far as the rubber bands their only an added safety measure. Installing the dampers isn't really that hard to do, I use the wire ties that come on your loaf of bread, but there are lots of ways just find what works for you, YouTube is your friend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval