Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 hood?

Reaction score
I've search through the forum but didn't find any answer about that: do you guys know if there is a hood available for the C23 camera? Thanks.

Not that I've seen... any commercial lens hood would be too heavy and too susceptible to vibration induced by the shade acting as a sail. Best hope might be with someone with a 3D printer and a spare adapter ring.

any commercial lens hood would be too heavy and too susceptible to vibration induced by the shade acting as a sail.
I would sure like to see the maker of the CGO3 hood make one for the C23. I like the one I have for my CGO3+, it is SUPER light and really helps with flair. However, it's only good on calm days, I don't think any hood works well in the wind (or at high speed) as you pointed out.

For now we just need to accept the flair as "Artistic enhancement"!;)

Hey! Sounds like a joke, but I had someone comment on the flair in one of my orbit videos that I have always cringed over when it appears. So as soon as the flair appears I cringe, but the guy says "Cool!, I really that effect!".
....Who knew?:cool:

What one sees as artifact, another sees an artistic abstraction. OTOH, as lifelong fan of Georgia O'Keefe, I am sure she would be just amazed at the change in perspective of a bird's eye vantage point.

Sorry, my mother language is French. Have seen “hood” on many photographer forums but lens shade too. Thank you for correcting me :)

My apologies, not trying to correct you but rather an attempt to make it easier to find a hood/shade.

BTW, most photographers and videographers would call this a lens shade.

[somewhat tongue in cheek]

Maybe the pretentious ones, Sir RD!

Try a Google search on “lens shade” versus “lens hood”. Just a wee bit more relevant returns when referring to “lens hood”.

All in good fun, sir!

[emoji41]

Happy Sunday!

Jeff

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos