Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

c23

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the lens is held in place ? Or a camera break down. Mines isn't attached, if I tip the camera with the lens lookin down the lens slides out a bit.

OUCH! OMG, OUCH!!
The epoxy is broken off.
Ensure NOTHING contaminates the sensor surface or gets inside the lens.
Try to glue the lens assembly barrel back on.
Did I mention ensure NOTHING contaminates the sensor surface or the lens?
The very smallest amount of epoxy (or other adhesive) you use is going to change the distance between the lens and the sensor slightly. It is likely the camera will be out of focus. However, do NOT try to remove the damaged epoxy. That will make things worse.

The best remedy is to find a parts C23 and swap out the entire lens assembly. The E90 uses a different size/style of lens housing mounting screws, and is not a good substitute.

Just posted the pics, its the internal lens thats free, you'll see ?
A word of warning Don't use superglue as the vapers given off during the drying process will contaminate the sensor and or the lens.
Cheers.
Mike

I think Hot Glue might work really good for Resetting the Lense in Place.
I will Try it and see....;)
Very good idea, I never thought of hot glue ?
Mike

Your the best john, was goin to use epoxy, but will give the hot glue a try. While were at it I wonder if there are other lenses that could be tried for whatever reasons ?

Just a tip for future guys with the same problem. Do not take off the old epoxy. That will make the camera go off the focus and it will be really hard to make it right. There is less than a 1mm gap between the lens and the camera body. Just put a very thin layer of epoxy to glued back.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Just a tip for future guys with the same problem. Do not take off the old epoxy. That will make the camera go off the focus and it will be really hard to make it right. There is less than a 1mm gap between the lens and the camera body. Just put a very thin layer of epoxy to glued back.
Thats what I did, and its back to normal I'm pretty impressed with the plus taking only minimal damage from 58'-63' free fall, the landing legs were in the up position as well. Now all good to fly another day, and I learned about the rise between waypoints.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Back to this ? I thought all was good seeing it was in focus on the bench (short view) but not so in the air (distance shot) Oh well, so I guess I need the lens complete believing I can't separate it since I epoxied it. John you got one of these ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval