Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CAA ops manual: Flying H indoors

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been considering the H for commercial work here in the UK. Does anyone know what the official line is from Yuneec on operating them indoors? It could be helpful in some cases. Anyone operating commercially with one indoors?

Have searched the forum but not got anything specific on this.

Cheers guys!

Hi folks,

I've been considering the H for commercial work here in the UK. Does anyone know what the official line is from Yuneec on operating them indoors? It could be helpful in some cases. Anyone operating commercially with one indoors?

Have searched the forum but not got anything specific on this.

Cheers guys!

Indoor flying is not under CAA control. Normal health and safety risk assessments apply.

Turn off GPS and place in turtle mode....you may want to get the recently announced prop guards as well...I plan on doing quite a bit of this in the winter
in glacial ice caves in Iceland...hoping real sense will also be helpful with that endeavor. I've done quite a bit of indoor flying with other drones for clients shooting ballet etc. but have not used my H indoors yet...just tested the above settings outdoors thus far and it was very smooth. It's unfortunate that once motors are armed you can't switch between GPS and non GPS but that's not as important indoors obviously but would be handy for flying into or outside from indoors. Let me know how things go indoors.

I believe Yuneec says not to operate the regular H indoors. The new Pro model has IPS, downward facing sensors, to allow that model to be flown indoors w/o GPS. And yes, I know the DJI 4 has IPS.

The upcoming firmware update has improvements to altitude holding when GPS is off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis