Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

calibrating ST-16

Reaction score
So mistakenly I calibrated the ST-16 when my right stick was "sticky". Now the right stick has a slow reaction left to right and right to left. where the left stick has almost instantaneous response, the right stick takes a while to dial back to the center-most values. Is there a way I can restore the controller to factory settings or will I most likely have to send it back to Yuneec? And what do you think caused the initial problem? I assume dirt.

Your assumption is likely correct. Try cleaning the gimbal with plastic safe contact cleaner and re-calibrating. If that doesn't work, make the call.

Reactions: gwhuntoon
Mine behaved exactly the same way but I was able to get it working again exactly like PatR indicated. I used plastic safe electronic component cleaner, however in my case I opened the ST16, carefully removed the gimbal connector wires, then removed the gimbal and cleaned it outside of the ST16, however I've heard of others just spraying it into the gimbal with success. There are only 2 pots in the gimbal. Mine was the left stick, in your case the ST16 the pots of the right stick are located at the top and left position of the right stick as viewed from the front of the ST16. Once I cleaned the pots the stick was restored to full functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge