Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera and control questions.

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can someone please share the pixel number and DPI for the E90 and E50.
The DPI can be found by right clicking an image, clicking on properties then clicking the 'details' tab. It should be right by the pixel size of the image.

Also, does the H520 fly as stable as Yuneec says it does?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DPI.PNG
    DPI.PNG
    25.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi,

DPI is totally irrelevant in this regard. A digital image has no DPI. The relevant property is how many pixels the image has.

DPI becomes relevant if you want to print. The bigger your print-out of the same digital image is, the less dpi you will have as the same number of dots (pixels) will spread over more inches of paper.

Windows properties will mostly show you 72dpi as this calculated to some kind of historical standard monitor or so. However, it is a virtual value That says nothing about the resolution of the digital image. Experts may correct me here.

And yes, stability of the H520 is excellent from my perspective.

Hi,

DPI is totally irrelevant in this regard. A digital image has no DPI. The relevant property is how many pixels the image has.

DPI becomes relevant if you want to print. The bigger your print-out of the same digital image is, the less dpi you will have as the same number of dots (pixels) will spread over more inches of paper.

Windows properties will mostly show you 72dpi as this calculated to some kind of historical standard monitor or so. However, it is a virtual value That says nothing about the resolution of the digital image. Experts may correct me here.

And yes, stability of the H520 is excellent from my perspective.

Sorry, the majority of my experience is based on pro-grade SLRs and printing photos based on DPI. Usually 300 DPI

I ask because we are wanting to print drone images for pamphlets and would prefer a quality image that will impress potential customers.

The old drone shot at 5472 x 3078 at 72 DPI and would print fairly well, but it was a task to get a good image. only one out of a dozen images were print worthy. We would like to get a new drone that can produce a good image more frequently.

Have you printed images from E50 or E90? If so, could you please share the results?

THanks,

Sorry, the majority of my experience is based on pro-grade SLRs and printing photos based on DPI. Usually 300 DPI

I ask because we are wanting to print drone images for pamphlets and would prefer a quality image that will impress potential customers.

The old drone shot at 5472 x 3078 at 72 DPI and would print fairly well, but it was a task to get a good image. only one out of a dozen images were print worthy. We would like to get a new drone that can produce a good image more frequently.

Have you printed images from E50 or E90? If so, could you please share the results?

THanks,
The following image was taken with the HPlus and the C23 camera. The C23 camera in baselicy the same camera as the E90 ans yield the same results.
YUN_0007-compleate.jpg
PS please click on the image to view a larger image

The following are the file size taken with the C23 camera. It was processed and cropped in photoshop cc .
RAW file size=93.9 MB (98,485,200 bytes)
Image post processed in PScc and cropped size = 2.48 MB (2,601,065 bytes)
Hope this helps.
Mike.

YUN_0007-compleate.jpg

The H520 is a very stable photography platform.

The E50 is a 1/2.3 inch sensor 12MP camera.

The E90 is a 1 inch sensor 20MP camera.

Might be looking for a good used H520 with the E90 camera.
Although my record with good used is not so good. lol

THanks,

Hello, I fly the Typhoon H Plus with the C23 (essentially the same camera as the E90), the raw images from the C23 produce and image with a ratio of 4/3 that is 4856 x 3640 with a DPI of 240, so at that DPI, the printed image is 20.233" x 15.166" and I would say that these images are defiantly good enough for printing as long as there is enough light to keep the ISO low enough. I can tell you that when set up properly, the C23 and E90 will both outshine the E50 which is essentially an inspection camera. Also I would say the the Plus and 520 are two of the more stable drones you will find under a few thousand dollars.

YUN_0014.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18