Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera problems

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems work the camera not moving with the remote? Mine didn't work new so they repaired it by replacing the motor and i flew out around 3x. It worked fine on the last flight and now Saturday I went to fly it and I'm having the same problem

Is anyone else having problems work the camera not moving with the remote? Mine didn't work new so they repaired it by replacing the motor and i flew out around 3x. It worked fine on the last flight and now Saturday I went to fly it and I'm having the same problem
Is there a light showing on the camera? So by what you say the camera and gimbal arms itself into the correct position when it boots up, just won't pan or tilt?

You have to give us more info to narrow your problem. Do you still have video feed on the ST16? The camera is initializing when you power up your bird or just stay in limp mode. Did you check all the pins on the connecting plate to see if they are bend or so?

Hopefully the OP will give more information, so people can advise.

There is a string of questions to be asked before we can make anything more useful to you than general guesses. I'm sort of waiting to hear the answers to the initial questions asked by @Mrgs1. In the meantime, have you checked to ensure the camera is still bound to the controller?
I also noticed your description mentioned replacing "the" motor. Each axis has it's own motor. Are you having trouble with only one axis, or with all of them?

Sorry for the delay, I was busy. The problem I'm having is exactly the same as before, in my other thread. When i turn on the drone the camera shakes a little bit, then faces down. It has video on the screen and will record and take pics, there's just no control of the position. Once in a while i if i physically face the camera up (forward) and jostle the controls up and down it will move down to where it's pointing to the ground again. The camera was like that when i bought the drone and I've only flown it 3x since I got it back from KAV service.

When i asked kavservice what was done to fix the drone here's their response:
Your camera required the replacement of the pitch encoder and pitch motor.
NOTES:
Powered up camera to pitch encode error. Replaced pitch encoder but still received error. Ended up replacing the pitch motor as well and that resolved the issue. Verified current firmware and re calibrated. Bound camera to drone and checked picture and tested tilt/pan. Moving to inspection.

When i asked kavservice what was done to fix the drone here's their response:
Your camera required the replacement of the pitch encoder and pitch motor.
NOTES:
Powered up camera to pitch encode error. Replaced pitch encoder but still received error. Ended up replacing the pitch motor as well and that resolved the issue. Verified current firmware and re calibrated. Bound camera to drone and checked picture and tested tilt/pan. Moving to inspection.
If what you say is true, then it might be worth contacting them, there could be claim, I take it there is a warranty on new parts fitted and workmanship? New parts can fail too, see what they say.

As @Mrgs1 says, your best chance is to contact KAV again. This is a repeat problem. I imagine they will want to look at it again.
With that said, are you also getting the beep code again? It sounds like the gimbal board itself may have an issue. The problem is that if you go digging around in it, it will be less likely that KAV will be willing or even able to help.

For whatever help it may be, this drawing shows the connectors and codes for the CGo3 board:
cgo3+ Gimbal Board Connections5.jpg

Reactions: Mrgs1
Right on, I contacted them and Yuneek right away. I'm curious if anyone else has had the same issue. I'm getting ready to ship it back to the service center, they have a 90 day warranty on the service provided. I've just been too busy with work and I have problems sleeping due to an injury last year.

I can't believe it, I'm starting to wish I never bought my typhoon H. The camera motor was defective out of the box, and being I waited so long to open it I had to send it in for repairs. I got it back after about 2 months, and after 3x of going out flying in around a month and a half time the camera motor stopped working again. KavService fixed it once again, pretty quickly this time and I got it back last Monday. Today I finally had time to get it out and noticed they shipped it to me with the remote turned on and the battery is completely drained. I've had it on the charger for an hour now and it still won't power on.

I can't believe it, I'm starting to wish I never bought my typhoon H. The camera motor was defective out of the box, and being I waited so long to open it I had to send it in for repairs. I got it back after about 2 months, and after 3x of going out flying in around a month and a half time the camera motor stopped working again. KavService fixed it once again, pretty quickly this time and I got it back last Monday. Today I finally had time to get it out and noticed they shipped it to me with the remote turned on and the battery is completely drained. I've had it on the charger for an hour now and it still won't power on.
Do you a battery symbol when you plug Usb cable in for a few moments? It may take a 3rd party charger with a lead for the battery to revive or even worse a new one. What's the voltage on a meter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval