Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera SD card says it's full when it's not?

Reaction score
I started to shoot some video and snap some photo's this morning with no problems. While shooting the "SD camera card is full" text came up. I inserted a different card which was empty and proceeded to shoot and the same reading came, stating the card is full. I tried two other cards with the same result. I double checked to see if they were formatted, and they were. I updated the camera firmware and still getting that the SD camera card is full. I didn't update the ST16 firmware though.

Does this mean the controller has lost it's card reader? If anyone has experienced this and know's the fix, please let me know.

Thank you

Put the sd card in the ST16 and format. The card must read U3 on the face. If it says U1 it may not work properly.

There's also the possibility they are counterfeit cards. A lot of that is going on with low priced cards that resemble brand name cards. They look the same but capacities are way lower. There's a couple of programs floating around online that will check capacities but you'll have to Google them. If you format your cards, make sure all files are deleted first and don't use the quick format option. Takes longer to format normally but you have more of the storage space open for use.

Put the sd card in the ST16 and format. The card must read U3 on the face. If it says U1 it may not work properly.

Thanks Steve, Can you give me a little more detail on how to format the cards in the ST16? I can find it and see all the files. All of the video's and photo's are deleted of the card. It shows I have space available. How do I re format it? BTW, I have been using these cards in the H the entire time and have always worked until suddenly. I tried to update ST16 and camera as well.
ST16 system version V03.01.b18

camera V3.1.37(A)

When I chose to update I received ERROR on system
For camera upgrade I get "Upgrade package not found".

Do you think the card reader in ST16 has failed?

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval