Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Settings

Reaction score
Guys Im struggling to get descent colour settings with the E90 camera. Having done some test missions and then modelling in PIX4D the colours are very browny grey.

Any suggestions?

Also what GSD figures do you use to get reasonable results

Photos attached where at 1.51cm/p

Forgive me I’m a newbie

IMG_9802.jpgIMG_9807.jpg

Think I’ve found out why.
Settings were on unprocessed.
Changed to vivid and now it’s got colour.

Look, we talk about it. It is better to switch to manual adjustment to avoid the variation of light along the axis of the sun.
The colometry of the images can also be reviewed before treatment.
Mapping question

I'm a new user too and asked similar questions not long ago.

Survey camera settings

A user called Graham gave great advice (highlighting is mine);

"In camera distortion correction became disabled during surveys at the last camera update. Whether this is important may depend on how bad your distortion is. The distortion on mine is poor and I know results are better in PIX4D with distortion correction on. Certainly there was a big improvement when distortion correction became available.
I work round this by entering survey mode, then before taking off or during flight, go through the camera settings again, making changes as necessary. This is also required at every battery change. There is a PITA notice comes up when you make the change, warning of chromatic aberration with distortion correction. I have not noticed any and would gladly take such instead of the uncorrected distortion. Surely they only need to mention the issue in the manual?
The camera also resets the colour mode to unprocessed. Quite why it does this when PIX4D uses jpegs which are processed images is unclear.
I normally use the enhanced colour mode on cloudy and neutral on sunny days.
I am happy to use auto for white balance and -0.5 for exposure if light quality is changing during the survey, otherwise I use manual."

I followed this using the undistorted images from the E90 and had a good level of success.

Regarding Pix4D Mapper, perhaps look for some higher quality settings.
Stage 1:
Full image size in general tab, if calibration fails use 'Alternative' Calibration method on tab 3
Stage 2:
Point cloud densification; consider using full size images, increase Min number of matches to 5 or 6
3D Mesh - High resolution or custom, increase the octree depth, texture size & either number of triangles to 5,000,000 or Qualitive = Sensitive
Advanced tab - matching window size to 9x9

Consider learning the Point Cloud editing tools if you need to clean up your mesh.

All of these will increase your processing time, so try them sparingly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace