Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ Camera Settings

I used to sell/repair quadcopters my first two years in my business. However it would be a slow careful time consuming project.
I have a drone carrying a gopro for the large fov.

SOLD

Still have this available if you did want a project... $50

Last edited:
Back to original subject... below are the instructions for getting and setting sharpness with the CGO3...

Connect to the CGO3 through your wireless connection, whether on a smartphone or your home Wifi. Once connected, type this into your web browser:

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=GET_SHARPNESS

It should return a value of what the sharpness is set at for your camera. The default is at "6".

To change it, type this into your web browser to change the value, by changing the end value of the command line, 1 thru 10. The higher the number, the greater the degree of sharpening in-camera.

http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_SHARPNESS&value=5

******************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Nice video.

Lens corrections are easily performed these days for stills in most popular photography programs. It’s a bit trickier for video.

For video distortion & rotation, NCH video pad is a low cost solution.

A good free program for rectifying photos is ShiftN.
ShiftN - Download
For extreme barrel distortion from an action cam, I sometimes have to make a 2nd correction pass.
For video editing I'm using an inexpensive, but pretty versatile program by NCH: "Video Pad Editor".

Early Fall colors.
Experimenting with camera settings and editing.
This video is from clips recorded 2 days apart, both at 1080p 30FPS,
1080p uses only the middle of the sensor with no lens distortion.
4k gives a wide angle view using the entire sensor and results in some barrel distortion.
Camera settings were natural with saturation pushed in post, then in gorgeous for the return & land.

Here it is. I'll send some I did this afternoon that haven't been worked on at all yet.View attachment 10169

I do see what I would call field curvature or fisheye but what is the big deal ? It is a reasonably good pic.

To me the buildings on each side appear to be leaning inward slightly which would be reduced if you use lens correction, or manual version of that, depends on s/w used.

Of course if using LR or PS then there may be a lens correction file for this cam/lens, google should help. (this is a fixed lens so much easier to flatten than is a zoom which you have to correct for each zoom value)

I have used diff cam/lens correction files (than my actual cam) that helped, canon P&S cams have CHDK which will offer a nearly unaltered RAW/DNG file, and those non jpg files do need both 'flattening' of field as well as cropping (on wide angle settings, you can see the actual barrel of the lens, but you get 4-5mm wider shot !!)

good luck !

I do see what I would call field curvature or fisheye but what is the big deal ? It is a reasonably good pic.

To me the buildings on each side appear to be leaning inward slightly which would be reduced if you use lens correction, or manual version of that, depends on s/w used.

Of course if using LR or PS then there may be a lens correction file for this cam/lens, google should help. (this is a fixed lens so much easier to flatten than is a zoom which you have to correct for each zoom value)

I have used diff cam/lens correction files (than my actual cam) that helped, canon P&S cams have CHDK which will offer a nearly unaltered RAW/DNG file, and those non jpg files do need both 'flattening' of field as well as cropping (on wide angle settings, you can see the actual barrel of the lens, but you get 4-5mm wider shot !!)

good luck !
Any still shot with a rectilinear (non-fisheye) lens will make vertical objects lean if the camera is tilted down or up.
The lines will be straight, but not parallel. To fix this in still photos, the camera must be exactly level, IE the sensor is perfectly vertical.
In most aerial shots the camera is tilted down, the converging vertical lines can be corrected with an editor like "ShiftN"
ShiftN - Download

I just can't get mine to work. Any help? It will not connect to my st16 nor will my CGO-ET
Rectilinear image at 4K with no post-processing - O yea!

I just can't get mine to work. Any help? It will not connect to my st16 nor will my CGO-ET
I would first check the camera mount contacts.
See that they are all up where they can make contact.
They can get stuck down or dirty.
Also, when you boot the H, does the CGO3's front LED come on steady green?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio