Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera

Check the three black wires that go from the upper mount to the camera gimbal board. Attachment 1 was designed to get rid of those wires, but the attachment can also be used as a reference to see if they are intact.
And trust me, You're gonna love getting those dampers back in their holes.

New wires between Q500 4K and Gimble
You said "new" wires. If you meant to say "no" wires, that would explain a lot. Use the pigtail that should have come with the drone to power the camera from the socket in the drone body just behind the camera. The pigtail is shown at Step 12 and a couple of other places in Attachment 1.

Reactions: Texas
I bought new wire assemble and installed. How can i check power to camera?

If the pigtail cable is plugged in and the camera is still not showing any power, it is likely the gimbal board is bad. You can check some of the voltage points on Attachments 5 and 6, but it really sounds like this camera needs to be sent for evaluation and repair.

John Mitchell is an approved vendor on this Forum. I would recommend contacting John at this link:

Thanks for all your help. Shipping it to John. I will let you know what he finds. Thanks again
I’m back. John said my board was bad so I did exchange program. Got new camera still will not bind. Got to 71 on binding process. Got message connection fail. Reason can’t connect to camera. John said he didn’t have time to mess with me. Gave me I guy name Steve. I sent him an email about the problem. I spent 160 I thought it should work. John’s email was kind of rude. Any thought.

I’m back. John said my board was bad so I did exchange program. Got new camera still will not bind. Got to 71 on binding process. Got message connection fail. Reason can’t connect to camera. John said he didn’t have time to mess with me. Gave me I guy name Steve. I sent him an email about the problem. I spent 160 I thought it should work. John’s email was kind of rude. Any thought.
Do you have a phone or PC that has 5.8GHz WiFi (802.11a/ac) capability?

If you do then mount the camera on the aircraft or SteadyGrip and power on the camera. After it initializes you should get a green flashing status LED on the camera. When you get that you should see the camera SSID (CGO3_xxxxxx, where the x’s are the last six digits of the camera’s MAC address) select it and enter the password 1234567890 when prompted. If you are able to establish connection then the issue is in the controller WiFi.

Do you have a phone or PC that has 5.8GHz WiFi (802.11a/ac) capability?

If you do then mount the camera on the aircraft or SteadyGrip and power on the camera. After it initializes you should get a green flashing status LED on the camera. When you get that you should see the camera SSID (CGO3_xxxxxx, where the x’s are the last six digits of the camera’s MAC address) select it and enter the password 1234567890 when prompted. If you are able to establish connection then the issue is in the controller WiFi.
Ok. Question if it’s in the controller WIFI than way can I bind the drone with no problems?

By far, the most common cause of a failure at step 71 is a wrong password. Can I get you try it again, looking carefully at each digit to ensure you are entering 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 ?

Also, to answer your last question, the Drone binds on the 2.4 Ghz system. The camera binds on the 5.8Ghz system. It's two completely different WiFi setups in the same box.

By far, the most common cause of a failure at step 71 is a wrong password. Can I get you try it again, looking carefully at each digit to ensure you are entering 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 ?

Also, to answer your last question, the Drone binds on the 2.4 Ghz system. The camera binds on the 5.8Ghz system. It's two completely different WiFi setups in the same box.
Got it. Did what you said with my iPhone. Got message no internet connection.

I think I did something wrong. Didn’t use 1234567890 for password. I thought I was just supposed to create my own password. So when it ask for password check show password and use 1234567890.

I think I did something wrong. Didn’t use 1234567890 for password. I thought I was just supposed to create my own password. So when it ask for password check show password and use 1234567890.
Yeah. The camera comes with 1234567890 already set as the password. Give it another try on the controller and see if it works.

Thank you so much. I will try tomorrow and report back. I bet that will fix it. Thanks again sir
Sir I couldn’t wait until tomorrow. Followed your instructions and everything is working perfect. Thank you again. I am leaning something new.

• Love
Reactions: WTFDproject
That would be a correct response once the connection is made in WiFi settings. It means you successfully connected to the camera’s AP, but the camera has no connection to the internet. I use this free app to see the video feed from the camera once I have the WiFi connection ‎IPCams - IP Camera Viewer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech