Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera

Reaction score
I’m having a problem binding my CG03 camera to ST 10 controller. Re formatted mini card. No luck.

If you have a computer, tablet, or phone that has 5.8GHz WiFi (802.11a/ac capability) use it to see if you can see the WiFi from the camera. The SSID of the camera will be CGO3_xxxxxx where the x’s are the last 6 digits of the camera’s MAC address (on one of the labels on the camera) the password will be 1234567890.

If you can connect with that then you should be able to see the camera in the Bind menu in Flight Settings.

As you power up the drone does the camera face forward after initializing and what color is the camera’s status LED?

Reactions: h-elsner
Thanks for input. I will try that. I’m new to this so I’m still learning. Thanks

Camera is flashing blue and camera is pointed towards blue flashing light.

Using my phone and your direction it still not connecting to the cameras WIFI.

Camera is flashing blue and camera is pointed towards blue flashing light.
Sorry aircraft is flaring blue
This is confusing.
If the rear main LED of the aircraft is flashing blue, it means the Q500 itself is not bound to the controller.
If the camera is pointed at the rear Main LED, something is really wrong. The CGo3 normally associated with a Q500 is not capable of pointing towards the rear of the aircraft if it is correctly assembled and mounted.

The first step is confirm you have a Q500 aircraft and a CGo3 camera.

If you do in fact have a Q500/CGo3, you may want to perform the entire binding diagnostics for both aircraft and camera. Please see Attachment 33 (Q500 Binding Verification) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point where the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparations steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for your time. I do have a Q500 and a CG03. The controller is a ST 10 plus. I couldn’t download the PDF attachment for some reason.

Thanks for your time. I do have a Q500 and a CG03. The controller is a ST 10 plus. I couldn’t download the PDF attachment for some reason.
First, let's try to understand why the camera is facing backwards. It is most likely to be one of two things:
1.) You may have just mounted it backwards. If this is true, the camera will slide almost all the way on, but it will not latch into place. And it will not power up.
2.) The part of the camera mount above the dampers may be turned around backwards. The upper/lower parts of the camera mount have a slight taper of the sides that gets more narrow at the front. Please look closely at the camera mount to ensure the taper is narrow at the front on both top and bottom parts of the mount.
Front-Rear.jpg

See if you can download the document here:

Attachments

• WTFDproject Rev81.pdf
    43.9 MB · Views: 8
I got PDF to download. I will go through the process and report back. Thanks for all your help. As I said I’m new to this. Thank again

Reactions: DoomMeister
I got PDF to download. I will go through the process and report back. Thanks for all your help. As I said I’m new to this. Thank again
I did the download. Competed everything until 68. Never got white letters under camera column. What’s next? Thanks again.

The next is to determine if the camera is not transmitting or if the ST10+ is not receiving.
Power on the camera and give it a minute or two to ensure it is fully booted up. Then look at the pin hole LED on the front of the camera, above and to the left of the lens:
1.) What color is the pin hole LED?
2.) Is the pin hole LED solid or is it flashing?

Also, did you ever get the camera to face forward? I was not certain you meant it was facing the rear, but it would be good to know.

When you power up does the gimbal activate to bring the camera to center facing forward and parallel to the ground or does it remain limp?

The gimbal does nothing. Nothing moves at all. Remains limp. No led light.

Ok will try that. I’m guessing remove camera. What voltage are we looking for?

You are looking for battery Voltage. About 11 volts or so. Be VERY sure not to touch the PWM contact.

Some other things to look for if you have good voltage:
1. ) Stuck contacts on the mount. Refer to Attachment 19 (Stuck Mount Contacts). CGo3 is the same, except only has one set of contacts.
2.) Look for broken wires between the camera mount and the gimbal board. Refer to Attachment 1 (CG03 Removing the Three Black Wires) to give you an idea of what you are looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss