Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can somebody me explain the 4 video modes?

Wim

Reaction score
Can somebody explain the 4 video modes (natural, saturation, RAW, night)?
And, if possible, post (short) examples of videos of this modes, so we can see the differences.

Last edited:
Hi Wim,

I'll have a look, probably tomorrow. They're likely to be just filters applied over the video and I admit I haven't experimented with them yet.

Give me a day or so and I'll make a quick video switching between them to show you what they're like.

Reactions: cappy
Hi Wim,

Sorry for the slight delay! Here you go... there isn't much in the way of difference, especially between raw and natural, presumably because it was a "natural" scene. I'll try night next time I'm able.

Onlook, many thanks for your efforts!! Great.
I will have a very close look to the different video modes.
Perhaps I will later add some results...

No worries at all; when I get the right combination of the Scottish weather and light, I'll do some more!

Thanks Onlook for the quite professional comparison, that confirmed my own (unprofessional) tests.

In the video I posted here: Instagram video by Erik • Nov 22, 2016 at 9:18pm UTC you can see the saturated mode and in the last part the raw setting. Light was still the same.

My conclusion so far:
  • natural: Adds a bit of blue and green saturation.
  • saturation: saturation for all colors is higher.
    Especially strong when you have a nice warm sunlight. I noticed that when I turned the Breeze into the sunlight (less saturation) and back (sun behind the Breeze, strong saturation effect). The saturation effect changed dramatically. This is probably linked to the brightness setting.
  • raw: No filter on the camera video.
  • night: To be validated.
    I did an evening test just after sunset (still quite bright) with the night setting, but I can't notice any real change or improvement. I didn't change the setting to compare as I wanted to test the follow-mode in low light conditions. This means the video will not really help you as you can't compare yourself, sorry.

Thanks, Nebucat, that helps me quite a bit.
But I am still curious for the final comparison of the 4 video modes, bij video stills.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11